FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 03, 2024, 03:58:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 40 years ago, when I was youngOne of my ...  (Read 3094 times)
dnb
vic-club

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2012, 09:21:40 PM »

Over the past week or so I've been dragging bags of stuff out of the ceiling that have been up there over 30 years.  Among lots of long forgotten goodies I found a box of slides. I don't own a projector so looked at them with the help of a torch and found a photo of this old girl.

I had the slides scanned and put onto a CD but the quality is not real good. I will give the slide to a friend who may be able to improve it a little..

This FC Holden is a car I bought in 1971 after returning from a tour overseas while serving with the RAAF.

From memory, I think I paid about $150.00 for it.
The photo makes her look blue but she was gray and white with red and black interior. She had wheel spats, lay back seats and a sun visor.

Over the two years I owned this car she served me well, with regular trips up to Benalla for gliding lessons, lots of trips up to the mountains during winter for the snow, and many pleasant nights at the Maribyrnong drive in.

The original rego number was either HAC-801 or 301, bit hard to tell from photo and my memory has let me down...but if the old has survived she does not have original plates.
Cheers, Darcy

Bought in 1971

40 years later,
different car...

Bought this one 2006

dnb
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 09:24:34 PM »

I stuffed up the heading, how can i change it?  Huh  Huh
weddo
tas-club