FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 24, 2024, 01:25:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Parts Unseen Through The Post????  (Read 2311 times)
Ken's 57
nsw-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2003, 10:01:02 PM »

Can anyone advise on the safest way to buy parts unseen via the post please? And what do you do if the parts are not as good as they were described? Any advice on potential pitfalls appreciated. Also, what would a NOS horn button be worth for an FE/FC and is there any difference between the two models? The one I've seen has the lion in front of a gold shield. Roll Eyes
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2003, 12:58:34 AM »

Ken,
A new old stock horn button can cost up to $200 if you can get one.There are a few types non that I know of specific to FE or FC mine is a Gold Lion with  a blue shield and some are like the one you describe.Apparently there are a few other colours also.
Hope I've helped a little and not confused the issue.As far as buying if you can get a digital photo of the item that helps.
Regards,
Graham Smiley
« Last Edit: April 18, 2003, 01:09:53 AM by graham_fuller » Logged
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2003, 08:48:06 AM »

Hi Ken.
aAs the saying goes, "Caveat Emptor". Let the buyer beware. See if the person has an "Ebay Alias". The you can check their feedback profile. Sometimes I sell stuff that can't be scanned, or is hard to get a photo of & let the buyer look up my Ebay alias. They can see I am a good dealer.
Like Graham said. The horn Buttons go for good money. If it is Genuine NOS, there will be NO fading, stress cracks oor scuffing aroung the base. Get the fella to assure you this is right. If he hesitates, question him. You will be able to tell by their reaction.
Goodluck, but like I said. Beware. You WILL get stung at some stage (I have, & MAN it makes me mad), lets just hope it isn't for too much & not this deal.
Regards,
Rob

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2003, 09:46:06 PM »

Dont start me off again on the NOS issue . Apparently if the seller thinks it is NOS it is. A NOS horn button for fe/Fc would range from $100 to $200 . Depending on seller .  I have seen Blue fc horn buttons also . Buyer beware , Always deal with someone reputable, honest and fair.  The majority of sellers on this forum are just that Grin Grin  On buying unseen , adigital photo is great but not always possible , another way is to get someone else to have a geek at it for you.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2003, 09:48:03 PM by slim » Logged

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
59er

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2003, 02:12:08 AM »

I agree with the other guys, you will get caught eventually. I have gotten a lot of stuff off people on the internet. I have only been dissapointed once. Try and suss out good suppliers, 4 hammers and Slim are two good people I have gotten good stuff off in the past.Ken Mclean is another. If in doubt ask. I was warned about the guy that stiffed me but he was sure of what he had, when I got it it was nothing remotely like what he had described. Good luck.Most people are honest on this site. Regards Kev
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: