FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 30, 2024, 06:22:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: POSITION OF ENGINE MOUNTS?  (Read 3695 times)
njf690

Model: FC

heya

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2011, 08:38:59 AM »

GUYS

AFTER PHOTOS MEASUREMENTS OF ENGINE MOUNTS TO HR FRONT END TO SUIT V6 ECOTEC ENGINE AND GEARBOX (AUTO).

ANY HELP IN THIS AREA WOULD BE GREAT
njf690

heya

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 08:16:18 PM »

anyone
sgo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 09:09:55 PM »

I don't think photos will really help as each installation will be slightly different.
Your height of the rear mount and forward position of the engine will vary and affect the engine mount position.
In my case using the commodore mounts I swapped the brackets bolted to the block from side to side to help line things up, then scrapped the lot due to other clearance issues. For example:

Disregard the measurements shown.

hrpremier

Model: other Holden

Jason

Jason Fewins
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 09:25:19 PM »

Going through this drama at the moment.  I'm sure it all depends on where you plan on mounting your gearbox.

I may be in a bit different situation than you as I am using the floor plan of the commodore in my FC Sedan, so this dictates where the Gearbox sits, hence where the engine is mounted.  My plan is to use the v6 engine, v6 gearbox, and all brake components also. I have a thread on here - FC Sedan 2008 Barn Find FNQ  http://fefcholden.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,15305.0.html      Which may be of some assistance.

I have been trying to come up with an engine mount design which allows me access to the two nuts on the lower side which secure the rubber v6 mounts to the brackets on the cross member.  Last week I was informed what usually happens is straight six mounts are utilised and adaptor plates are fitted to the v6 block to accomodate these.  I need to order straight 6 engine mounts next before i can ensure where i want to weld my mounting brackets, but at this stage looks like the Pass mount is right at the rear of the HR cross member, and the drivers side the going to be about 5 back from centre.  I have bookmarked this thread as I will be keen to keep an eye on your progress and any problems and or solutions you may come across.

Good luck with your project and If I have any success I will also let you know

Regards

Jason

kerrmit@bigpond.com  

I Have A Fever ............... And The Only Prescription ............... Is More Cowbell

http://gallery.oldholden.com/hrpremier/
njf690

heya

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 08:29:31 PM »

thanks for that will add any updates when progress happens.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: