FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 01, 2024, 08:35:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Think i just bought another one  (Read 31517 times)
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2011, 07:30:13 PM »

Ok Hoon, I shall put up a bet of $10, but I havent decided which point it will turn to shit ha ha. It has to get up the hill before Tailem bend  Tongue

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Model: FC

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2011, 07:45:39 PM »

Not funny Cheesy

You can never have too many!
Port Macquarie NSW
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2011, 07:52:07 PM »

then he can drive it to reynella to my folks where it can stay bit longer...........then horsham...........then whoever lives along the way  Roll Eyes

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
stephen

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2011, 07:53:02 PM »
+1

Hi Nick .. phone number is 08 85528646 or 0419848512 .. Regards Stephen
weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2011, 09:01:29 PM »

Nick,

I have done a few trips in old cars and as long as you pack the essential spares and take your time with plenty of stops you should make it with ease. You don't have to race and it dosen't matter if every one passes you. There are enough members along the way to get you out of trouble if you need assistance (I'm in Tassie so I think it might count me and Judi out) You will know in the first 100ks if it is going to make it. Good luck if you opt for the road trip.

Regards

Weddo
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2011, 08:12:25 PM »

Car is now safely at Stephen's house in Waitpinga. He has been a Godsend in getting the car and giving me the lowdown which I will share some of it with you. Stephen wrotr
 Matt (ex owner) drove your car here OK, with no problems,  he took it to a Servo to get petrol, and it boiled, because it had no water in the radiator , and then we could not get the radiator cap undone, and when it did come off with a hammer and multigrips it broke in the centre, so he used his FB radiator cap, and took it back home with him,.. I have a spare I will put on later this week,.. The motor runs OK, has a tappet noise that needs attention, the radiator has a black bubbly substance in it... possibly old Bardahl, which is a radiator additive from the 50’s, and it turns everything black and clogs up the waterways in the block if left sitting, or possibly the radiator hoses have disintegrated on the inside and the black stuff is rubber  in the water Huh  will give it a flush when I get the time and try to get the water clean, I have some old but good radiator hoses, so will replace the ones on there as well, hopefully this should, fix any over heating problems .. can change the oil if you like as it looks like it has been there a while ..If you are going to drive it back, let me know and will do the above things and check gearbox and diff, give it a grease and generally get it so it wont pack up on you .. I think the motor is sound enough to get you home by taking it easy, as it runs OK, have not tried to drive it, but Matt says the brakes are OK .. all you need is GO and STOP .. what more could you ask for .. The body has surface rust mostly all over, but the worst appears to be drivers side and driver side rear door, the sill and the panel in front of the drivers side door at the bottom, and the drivers side mudguard bottom where the stay bolt goes thru ..this has been by a leak. probably in the corner of the windscreen, as there was a pool of water in the rust area it’s raining heavily down here so could not take a lot of photos, will try and get underneath and check it out for you later in the week

Don't you love his description in the ad, some rust in the driver door Roll Eyes
 More soon

Port Macquarie NSW
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2011, 08:24:10 PM »

This may have to be moved  to the Cars Under Restoration section sooner rather than later.

Port Macquarie NSW
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2011, 09:44:21 PM »

Actually you are being quite diplomatic, the advert said "has a slight bit of rust in drivers side".  Undecided

Do u know when those pics on ebay were taken? I hope you have some good news for under the car. If u need any assistance just sing out.

Deano

GMB-58FC

Stage one complete...

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2011, 12:21:20 PM »

WOW, if that's "slight" rust Id hate to see anything that is considered substantial!!!

Either way looks like you have the base for a good project in the making.

ABS Hobart- 6231 5855

FOR ALL YOUR BRAKE & CLUTCH NEEDS. 

PM FOR QUOTE
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: