FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 08, 2024, 10:05:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Door Seals  (Read 2525 times)
FE 4 ME
qld-club

Model: FE

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2011, 12:33:48 AM »

I was just reading "Door Seals How to" here, could you please tell me the part number or send/post pics of the profile of the rubbers you got from Clarke rubber, so i can go down to clarke rubber and check them out...i need all door rubbers both in the doors where the glass sits in when it's up ( which i thought where the bailey channels ) and around the door frames... i guess im a little confused as to what the different rubber profiles are name, ive looked in my FE/FC Shop manual and it's just not too clear on a lot of details most times i look for answers , as they only name them as weatherstrip.
I'm hoping at some stage i can sight with my own eyes (or by pics ) a FE or FC with the complete rubbers (close up ) for both in the doors and around it, the right part names and profiles...all i have are a set of 4 new door rubbers ( well that's all that it really says on the tag of each bag they came in with the car ) , if i can work out how to post a pic on here i will of this rubber (profile ) im sure someone on here will no doubt know if it goes on or where it goes

I have only seen a few FC holdens driving around ( never a FE around here ), but never opened up and studied where and what rubbers go where...there are just not many around here ( and i'm sure a stranger would be so kind im sure ...who would ?? hehe ), i've joined a car club of late and hope this might help me along this ( sometimes very in-experienced ) journey...

I'm not a mechanic or panel beater by trade or come from a car background ( apart from a bit of work here and there on my cars over the years..no engine pulling or pulling apart cars), but can do more than just the oil change and spark plugs..the amount of work that i have to do to get my FE back on the road doesn't phase me nor beyond me, I do have and understanding of cars and I'm a plumber by trade with ample Oxy Act experience, stick electric, mig along time ago, but never welded a car..

That's why i totally appreciate coming on here, reading many,many posts to gain the understanding and knownlegde form the wealth of experience there is on here... YOU ALL HAVE BEEN SO NICE TO ME..THANK YOU...seems like most on here have lived, loved and breathed FE/FC's most their lives, which sometimes makes me feel so limited in my understanding, a bit distant, sometimes intimidated to ask simple ( i feel stupid ) questions... I feel like im back at 1st year apprentice, where as a Fully Licenced Plumber and Gas fitter ( including all LPG ) i was at the top of my game, fortunate to do more than the average Plumber.. being a siteforeman on many multi-million dollar job sites, to changing washers for old age people at cost...to lead welding acid vats linings ( a rear trade in itself..i think i was the last one to be taught in Syd...maybe Aust..as who taught me was the last one experienced in this and pasted away many many years ago ) so learning im very keen for, i enjoy doing and learning new things, but i feel sometimes stumped as the shop manual, early holden repair books just dont have too much info..i mainly get all the ideas, understanding from reading posts...but i guess there's nothing better than to touch or talk back and forth about things..hence ive joined a car club..... Im keen as to get this car sorted.... cash flow is another big issue...im sure like most in these harder times, so i prefer to ask 10 times than to ask once and pay 3 times to get the right job finished

thankx for listening guys... i guess im just venting/ asking for so more info...heheh which this post all started with door rubbers  Cheesy

Hope you all have a gr8 Holden Day

FE 4 ME
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 09:47:32 AM by stinky » Logged

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 09:48:49 AM »

Adelaide's Restorer's Hotline should be able to help out, give them a call  Wink

FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 07:49:13 PM »

Thankx stinky,
   CONGRADS !! on your new work venture, hope it all works out for you..checked out your website, how much would the kick plates cost to post to QLD Huh are the kick boards made of masonite or cardboard ??

Glenn i contacted Restorers Hotline and they sent me a price list, i assume they use Rare Spares rubber items ? as they had Rares on their letter heads.. do you know if it'd Rares Rubbers they use ??

thankx Glenn

"Have a Great Holden ( FE ) Day !! "  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 01:04:45 PM »

Hey Stinky,
    just read one of your other posts regarding door rubbers from Restorers hotline......question answered

thankx

" Have a Great Holden ( FE ) Day !! "  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

FE 4 ME

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 11:59:33 PM »

how much would the kick plates cost to post to QLD Huh
Not much, PM me you postcode and I'll work it out.

are the kick boards made of masonite or cardboard ??
Trimboard, modern equivalent of the old cardboard that was used.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: