FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 01, 2024, 08:12:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Driving from Devonport to Hobart in my FC  (Read 2563 times)
dnb
vic-club

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2011, 09:45:56 PM »

I am taking my old girl to Tasmania on the overnight ferry on 16/02/11 and would appreciate a bit of advice from the locals.
My plan is a nice relaxed drive from Devonport to Hobart, where we will spend the first two nights. Going by one of the sites I've checked out, it is about 349 km, they suggest about 3.5 hrs (via Midland Highway).
Is this the best run for the old girl, any advice greatly appreciated.
We will be there till the 23rd of Feb and have no set plans after Hobart, just going to relax and enjoy the break.
Does anyone know if the are any car shows etc on between the 16th/23rd of Feburary?
Thanks, Darcy
GMVAN

Model: FC

GGGGRRRRRRRRRR cof cof

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 07:56:03 AM »

Hi darcy can't help with Tassie but with all this rain we are havig make sure to take rubber ducky and floaties for the car!!!! Grin

:(If at first you don't suceed give up & have a beer;)
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 11:22:50 AM »

Hi Darcy,

The Midland Highway is the most direct route - 3.5 hours is about correct. The speed limit is 110 in most places, but many think it's double that. You could also get to Hobart via the East Coast, but it would take a bit longer and it's a bit out of the way. A beautiful drive all the same.

You're going to miss the Shannon's Car Show in Hobart, I think it's on next weekend.

Where are you staying in Hobart, and how long for? I'm sure Weddo (the president of the early Holden Car Club of Tasmania) may be able to quickly pull a run together.

P.S. Weddo, if a run can happen, can I be a passenger in (one of) your car(s) please (mine's still having the wiring done)?  Smiley

Kind regards,

Josh

Ol_Girl_58

dnb
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 02:50:07 PM »

Thank's for the information Josh, It's a big help.
We are staying the Quest Waterfront, 3 Brooke Street, Hobart on Wednesday 16th/ and Thursday17th Feb and have no set plans for the rest of our holiday, other than going to Deloraine at some point.
Cheers, Darcy
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 03:35:06 PM »

You could get to Deloraine on the way through from Devonport.

I suggest going to the Elizabeth Town Bakery for lunch on the way down, too. Delicious!

On the way back up (or on the way down) head into Launceston for a look. The Gorge is amazing.

Quest is nice. I cycle past there every morning before work. The waterfront really is beautiful.

Josh

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: