FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 27, 2024, 07:53:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 6litre into an FC,legal in SA?  (Read 2630 times)
FCLS2convos

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2010, 12:30:53 PM »

just after some info and Ideas if anyone has any experience putting the late model engines and gearboxes into Fcs.Cheers for the feed back.
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 12:47:49 PM »

G'day FCLSconvos and welcome to the site, not sure about the 6ltrs. but if you check out "cars being built" you'll find a few interesting projects with V8's, also try typing what you are looking for into the search bar and you should get a few interesting results.
                      Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
stapla

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 02:36:40 PM »

Hi Mate,

I live in SA and did a bit of checking around to see if I could put a GEN3 in a LJ torana.  I found a lot of misinformation around.  There is no precise rules for engine size vs vehicle weight.  There is some recommendations, but yours (and mine) fall outside this.

Bottom line is in SA you can put whatever you want in, as long as an engineer and regency say its ok.

I engaged an engineer to do a proposal to dept transport.  Regency responded with approval in principle and a statement of requirements.  They pretty much want a bunch of tests like braking, lane change etc.

I'd budget $300ish for initial engineer proposal, then about $2k at the end to do all the tests.

Cheers
Peter.

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 03:09:16 PM »

Just went for a ride in a legally registered blown Chev small-block EK Sedan, no seatbelts either  Shocked
Great experience (after changing my jocks  Embarrassed )
As stapla said, you'll need to get the engineer involved, the earlier the better.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: