FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 04, 2024, 07:46:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Headlights  (Read 1863 times)
KFH
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2009, 11:46:31 PM »

Silly question but how can you tell if they are  Bosch or Lucas.  The headlights on my car has had sealed beam lamps fitted sometimes in the past.  The back buckets appear to be the originals.  The car is a late 59 FC.  Thanks

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 01:07:11 AM »

Keith, the Bosch buckets look like a helmet are shallower & less pointy than the Lucas buckets.

Also (may be wrong here) but I think Bosch were more prevalent in the commercial or base model cars like Ute, p'van, standards etc, although we have a FE Special Wagon that appeared to have them fitted.

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 03:54:01 PM »

The easiest way to tell is the Lucas headlight ring is retained and adjusted by 3 spring loaded screws. You press the headlight in and twist to remove. The Bosch headlight ring has 2 adjusting screws and 1 fixing screw which must be removed to take out the headlight.

Ken
KFH
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 09:48:59 PM »

Thanks Zulu and Ken.  I dug them out today to find that thet are the pointed ones.  I cleaned the dirt off the back and found the Lucas name stamped on them -der!

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: