FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 06:37:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE Rear Indicator Conversion  (Read 2457 times)
Hobbo

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2009, 07:19:56 PM »

Hi Fellow FE/FC Lovers, I have my FE in roadworthy condition now and am ready to get started on the conversion to HR Disc Brake Front End, EH Rear Diff and 173 Motor. As I am going to drive it to a workshop, work on it there then drive it home again, I am a bit worried about the Tail light, Brake Light and Indicator Combination? I got FC Amber indicator Lens with the car but not too sure how to Hook Up the wiring? Can anyone tell me the best way to do it. Thanks Hobbo.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 10:20:37 PM »

Probably the easiest way to do it is to remove the brake light feed into the indicator switch and send this down a new wire to the rear of the car. The indicator wires then will be isolated and can be moved down to the new amber lenses. The brake lights and tail lights can then be joined using the original double filament globe. If you are not using the reverse light wire (a green one) this wire can be used as the brake light wire as it is in the car loom from factory and not hooked up to anything.

Ken
Hobbo

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 10:49:07 AM »

Thanks Ken ! Thats what I needed to know. I was a bit worried about some tailgater running straight into me and claiming I didn't use my Indicators! That sound pretty easy, I'll give it a go. Thanks Hobbo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: