FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 05, 2024, 02:36:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: VIC FC Sedan ID numbers  (Read 1949 times)
Trevor_B
vic-club

Model: FC

Melbourne VIC

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2009, 12:49:41 PM »

Ken - ID info from an FC Sedan at Ferntree Gully Holden seen at the start of our Observation Trial last Sunday:

Body: FC-225-25291M
Trim: 274-842
Paint: 256-2100
Insert: 253-5775
Top: 256-2100
SubFrame No: FC523301
Engine No: B140531
Reg No: HAB218

Current owner not known (friend of Parts Manager at FTG Holden). Owner from 6 mths old until 2 years ago was Bill Kelly.

Regards,
Trevor_B

FC Sedan, Ute & Wagon .... only a Panel Van required to make the set
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 07:09:15 PM »

Thanks Trevor, was it in good nick or very well used - I see it has had an engine change.

Ken
Trevor_B
vic-club

Model: FC

Melbourne VIC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 07:18:44 PM »

Hi Ken,
It was in really good original condition, paintwork had been repaired a little and showed signs of being 50 years old. A great example of an original car.

Tony commented the interior colour was unusual... he would know the names but it was light green upper and dark green lower.

I think the key was the main owner (for nearly 50 years) clearly cared for the car. His family ended up taking the rotor button out to stop him from driving it. He was in his 90's when he passed away recently.

Trevor_B

FC Sedan, Ute & Wagon .... only a Panel Van required to make the set
HAD 708

Model: FE

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 09:35:30 PM »

Hi Guys
That car i have known of nearly 15 years and it was owned as mentioned by a couple in Ferntree gully i was of the belief as told by the couple that it was bought by themselves from new. I have given the ID info to Ken years ago when i chased them down and tried to get them to join the club but no luck. The car was often seen in the Mountain Gate shopping centre car park a few times a week as that was there local shop. The old boy that owned it was a grumpy old so and so but the old lady was lovely and would often be happy to have a chat about their "lovely little car". Their son owns a great FC wagon as well though again a little unapproachable but it doesn't hurt to try! A great car very original and the history is great. i was also told it was painted in the early 80's.
Cheers
Brett

Brett Gillard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: