FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 11:27:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rear engine mounts  (Read 2102 times)
KFH
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2009, 06:38:11 PM »

Can anybody tell me which way the clips that go over the rear rubber mount to sub frame bracket goes.  Does the turn up on the clip face up or down?  Which way do the bolts face, up or down?

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 11:45:34 AM »

Good question - I have thought about this before and looked at lots of original cars, but it is hard to find a car which has not had the gearbox removed over the years and thus had these bolts removed and replaced.

My thoughts follow this line of thinking;

During assembly the worker was underneath the car standing in a pit when the engine / gearbox unit was fitted. He would probably slide the plates on with the lip to the top thus allowing the bolt to be installed from the top and the head would be securely located so he could install the spring washer and nut from underneath.  This is conjecture - happy to hear other points of view.

Ken
KFH
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 10:37:52 PM »

Thanks for your thoughts Ken.  That is basically the way I was going to fit them ie with the lip up and the bolt down.  Engine is now back in with the engine bay completely repainted.  Progress is slow but sure.

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: