FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 09:14:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: boot springs & brackets  (Read 2630 times)
Woodzy

www.gmh-cruisers.net

View Profile WWW
« on: February 15, 2009, 04:55:49 PM »

Hi fellas,

Hope you dont mind me posting this here, in but to save a double up in posts and replies (if any) I am pasting this link from the FB EK forum.

http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=61229#61229

I am having serious trouble lining up a boot lid on the mrs' EK.

Any interest or help would be greatly appreciated

cheers
Woodzy
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 05:15:22 PM »

Woodzy If my eyes don't deceive me  Huh looking at the mounting holes of the boot lid there is evidence that the holes have been slotted to try to compansate for the bent hinges it would be easer to get a set of hinges that have not been interfeared with as a starting point as you did mention.... it is possible to bend your existing hinges but you may find it necessary to remove them several times to get it to the right spot, if you chose this method would be a good idea to trace the hinge on to the bench for a reference point to know how much to bend them .........FC427.........

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Woodzy

www.gmh-cruisers.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 06:55:09 PM »

Thanks FC247,

SO do you mean that the curved boot lid mount bracket holes originally werent slotted???
No matter what, the boot lid has to come off.
I will try try to rebend the offending bracket somehow, worth a go at least. Removing their hinge pins will be fun tho. hehe
Will update later on the outcome.

cheers
Woodzy
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 07:26:34 PM »

Woodzy, The boot hinges you have look very worn as evidenced by the slotting of the hole where the pin goes through for the link strap. This was a neat hole when new.
I have a NOS FB/EK RHS boot hinge here if you want it - $40 plus postage

Regards  Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: