FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 01, 2024, 09:31:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Electric Wipers  (Read 4667 times)
Impala

'58s are Great

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2008, 04:07:18 PM »

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can help me with the changeover of vacuum to electric wipers. I have purchased an FB-EK Delco electric wiper motor, but am unable to work out how it fits and works on the FC. Do I need more parts to get it working ?? Any and all help will be much appreciated.  Impala
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 05:11:45 PM »

Hi Impala did you get the cranks with the Mtr  Huh ???and the mounting flange should be a bolt in operation ......FC427....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Impala

'58s are Great

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 06:30:55 PM »

Yes, the crank and mounting flange all came with it. But, the original vacuum one has two holes in the crank plate, and the electric only has one hole in the crank plate, how does this adapt  Huh
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 06:57:32 PM »

Impala sounds like your missing half of the crank ......FC427........

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 07:54:42 PM »

Impala, there should be a primary crank arm about 25mm long which bolts to the back of the motor (Preslite motor). It has a rectangular slot in it. Then there is a secondary crank which is about 50mm long which bolts to the primary arm. The wiper arms are held on each end of the secondary crank.

Ken

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 08:05:08 PM »

There is a pic of one on ebay at the moment - search electric wipers and you will find it.

Ken
Impala

'58s are Great

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 10:00:40 AM »

Yes you are right, I am missing the secondary crank, do you know where I would be able to get one from. Thanks for your help. Impala Smiley
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 08:22:03 PM »

The ebay single speed unit went for over $200 - makes my 2 speed changeover set look ridiculously cheap at $85.

You wont find many people willing to give up the secondary crank from their wiper motor when a complete one sells for this much money.

Ken
Impala

'58s are Great

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 11:16:47 AM »

Just thought I might be able to get one from a motor that was no good. Have any ideas what other options I might have with this motor  Huh I might also put in a wanted ad, and see how I go.  Sad Impala
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: