FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 07, 2024, 08:27:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Wagon at U-Pull It (Lonsdale SA)  (Read 5714 times)
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2008, 01:53:18 PM »

Hi all

John just called me from U-Pull It (Lonsdale SA) to say they had a burnt out FC Wagon there (pretty rare to see anything pre 68 there these days). 

He's only grabbed a little few bits for us and, while we will have some spare bits and pieces up for sale soon, we're not about to grab all sorts of stuff to make some $. We're also a bit time poor at the moment so we can't even offer to grab some stuff for others at cost price.

John will post a bit more info when he gets home, but he says it might be worth locals popping down to check out the HR drum brake front end and a Smith's Heater that could be worth rescuing.

A little more info to come later  but, in the meantime, hope this helps someone out.

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 02:58:20 PM »

Just got back from upull it.  The old wagon has seen better days and much of the bright work has been taken and I was lucky to score the electric wipers (I left the wilsonia gauges for someone else LOL).  What is there is as follows:

• almost perfect stainless trim around windowscreen
  • tail gate lock and mechanism (gate is there but I was too busy looking at lock)
  • four outside door handles (not show condition)
  • smiths heater (looks as though it survived the fire ok)
  • red motor (in back with aussie four speed)
  • fuel tank looks good
  • front left guard with rust in usual places (could be saved if you are good)
  • four doors (not very good)
  • drum brake hr front end
  • front windscreen
  • some of the grill could be useful
  • bonnet hinges.

I am sure there are other worthwhile bits there.

JohnnyB(@st@rd) Grin

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 04:56:48 PM »

hi kathi, any suff plates survive?
or have those been 'aquired'

cheers
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 06:23:00 PM »

What is it like rust wise? My wagon is chock full of rust where the rear window rubbers are fitted.

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 06:59:40 PM »

Hi Dean and Stinky

I left the scuff plates with the Wilsonia gauges in the glove box just for you Dean.  Wink No sorry no scuff plates. I would have taken them! and Kathi says she's not giving her scuff plates or Watsonia  Grin gauges to anyone.  Tongue

Stinky

While some parts were ok it was full of rust in around the back windows.  Wished I had time to pull the fuel tank out though.  Alas such is life.

JohnnyB

NosFEratu
cajerridoc
sa-club

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 07:02:43 PM »

Ian has already been there and taken most of the choice FC bits off it and he said it is a very rusty car. Was at Olde Olden for sale a while ago.

The sticker says "I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden". I agree, I'd rather they pushed their Ford than drive MY Holdens!
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 08:13:18 PM »

oh well looks like i'll pick up the wilsonia and the scuff plates when i grab my badge Grin Wink
i can hang on, im a very patient man. Cheesy

thanks anyway johnny Smiley

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 08:22:43 PM »

Dean

Kathi says only the badge is going. Wink

JohnnyB

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 09:58:05 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin as i stated im a very pantient man Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
looks like i have that badge now anyway, thanks heaps.

dean

cajerridoc
sa-club

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 05:59:04 PM »

I gabbed the guards earlier this week and went back yesterday and got the tank and surround. The left guard was only hanging on by 3 bolts and some one had left their socket on one of the bolts in the A pillar. They were using the wrong size socket and it was spinning. Ian used the correct one and off came the guard. Also got the rear quarter windows and the door handles. Ian scored the tailgate rubber which was perfect.

We went down to pay for the parts and when I looked back the car was gone. They had been waiting for us to finish.

By the way it was perfect all the way around the rear quarter windows and the left quarter panel was clean and straight but you can only cut so much with a cold chisel.

Anyway the FC wagon is off to the crusher. At least some of us were able to get some parts off it first.

Robin

The sticker says "I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden". I agree, I'd rather they pushed their Ford than drive MY Holdens!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: