FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 10:19:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: hood springs  (Read 1612 times)
fcee
vic-club

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2008, 03:51:35 PM »

Anyone know if new or retensioned hood springs are available for my F.C. ,as mine are losing their tension and not holding the hood up firmly ? thanks  Steve .   Smiley

Sale Victioria
FB_MAD

I can't think what to write here so this will do.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 03:17:25 PM »

Gives you the sh$ts don't it when the hood drops on your head without warning Angry

My FB is doing the same thing.Some blokes buy helper springs that will fit inside the original springs and stop the problem and I'm about to go down that part myself.I think you would need an assistant to help remove/refit the springs as they have a fair bit of tension on them even when thay have lost some of their original factory tension.

Someone had a pic of the helper spring setup but it was a while ago now.Maybe try typing bonnet springs in the forum search area and it might come up.

I'd be interested to know if there was a new replacement for the original springs.

Has anybody seen my red pen??
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: