FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 09:07:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Help re-attaching the subframe  (Read 3766 times)
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2008, 12:50:37 PM »

When I bought my car the subframe had been removed and I cannot find the lower bolts for it. I have read in other posts that the bolts have a shoulder on them to help line up the subframe. Can someone please confirm if this is correct. Also what size are the bolts (grade, size, length) for the top mounting of the subframe to the firewall. There also appears to have been some sealant or caulking compound used when the subframe was fitted from factory. What is used now, sikaflex?

Are these bolts available in a kit, or does someone have a spare set they could sell me?

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 01:27:56 PM »

Rare Spares have the lower inner and outer bolts [they are both different] and yes they have the shoulder on them as for sealer I use a bit BUTYL MASTIC [Windscrean Sealant] you may just one day have to remove it and with Sikaflex you won't be able to with out a lot of work ......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 05:40:45 PM »

Keith, last time I was in Rares at Phillip, they had a kit on the shelf. All 4 bolts are in the kit.
Colin.

colt
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 07:13:59 PM »

The upper bolts are 1/2 inch UNF x 1 inch long. 4 have washers & nuts, 2 don't.

Ken
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 07:33:41 PM »

The upper bolts are 1/2 inch UNF x 1 inch long. 4 have washers & nuts, 2 don't.

Ken  Hi KEN Don't know about the 1/2'' bolts Huh?? .......FC427........
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 03:34:55 PM by stinky » Logged

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 07:18:38 PM »

Just my stupid brain again - the spanner you use to undo the bolts is a half inch. The bolts themselves are 5/16 UNC.  Sorry about the confusion.

Thanks for clearing that up Mark

Ken
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 09:20:24 PM »

Thankyou all for your assistance. I will be picking up the kit from Rare Spares tomorrow and have found some 5/16 bolts that are 1" long that will fit the firewall.. With any luck, I shall have the subframe back on either this weekend or next. I will post photo's and keep every one up to date

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: