FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 10:28:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Newby  (Read 1567 times)
ownfc59
qld-club

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2008, 11:33:08 AM »

Hi everyone,
I have just bought my first FC, she is beautiful - well I think so anyway.  It is in almost original condition apart from a cd player (with a big Sony Sub if you don't mind!), mag wheels & extractors.  The paint has been re-done in original 2 tone grey & still has the original upholstery, which is looking a little tired but pretty good for almost 50 years old.  I'd hate to see a modern cars original upholstery after 50 years of constant use!
Anyway, I am a little torn between doing a restoration to original or "rodding" it up.  My wife wants me to tart it up & I am starting to think along those lines as well.  I've seen a few done up & they can look really tuff if it's done the right way. What advice can you guys give me in relation to this?  I am interested in dropping in an engine with a bit more grunt, but would obviously need to beef up the brakes, gearbox & drivetrain.  Bearing in mind that I'm not a millionaire, what sort of engine, gearbox, diff & brake combos have worked for you people out there?
Would appreciate any feedback or advice you can give.
Cheers,
Pete
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 11:54:49 AM »

Pete
Welcome to the FE FC Holden Mafia, I mean family.

Point to note is that you may want to repaint your car and put a little colour in to it. You will quickly find out that "Grey is not a colour"  Wink Grin

As for modifying your car, why not use period speed equipment to make it go faster and look great, fit a HR disk brake front end and the list goes on.

Check out the members cars section great photos and idea's and heaps of info on how to do it and where to get bits and pieces.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 10:24:54 PM »

If you are careful with your choice of mods, you can keep the parts that will easily restore it to original condition. Alternatively, you could use "period" modifications that tart up what's originally there and again it's not a tough job to go back to original.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: