FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 08:15:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: HEAT PROOF PAINT  (Read 2657 times)
mickusmickus

Model: FC

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2007, 03:25:48 PM »

Howdy all,

Getting to the stage where I am ready to start painting all of those bolt on bits for my new motor.  Previously I have used the canned heat proof paint you can buy from most auto parts suppliers, however as you all know after time this paint tends to crack flake and ends up looking not so crash hot.

Was wondering if anyone had tried using some other types of paint or coating that may be a little tougher? 

Mick
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 04:02:50 PM »

I have PowerKote (same as Jet-Hot) on my headers and it looks as good as the day it was done, there is about 2000 miles on the motor so far.

mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 04:39:33 PM »

sorry guys forgot to add I actually want all of my manifolds etc to be a standard gloss black....
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 05:01:39 PM »

I had a set of pipes and a 3x SU manifold done about 10 years ago in STOVEING ENAMEL and it was fired in an oven by a place in Mascot Sydney who did  commercial ovens,  for a mate when I rebuilt his EH and it seem to go the distance it was OK when he sold the car 5 years later FC427

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 01:44:10 PM »

Mick, when you say you want the manifolds to be a standard gloss black - do you mean standard as in original or standard as in all one colour?

Originally the inlet manifold was engine grey and the exhaust manifold was not painted at all. Apologies if you just mean the latter

Ken
mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 03:45:28 PM »

No Ken I am going for an original looking but slightly individual colour scheme, I plan to paint jack myers headers, twin carb manifold, pod filters and oil breather cap black and leave the motor original grey.  Just wanted to see what other products were available on top of the standard heat proof stuff..

MT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: