FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 07, 2024, 11:58:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Green is nice  (Read 5043 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« on: October 09, 2007, 09:59:32 AM »

Does anyone have any pictures of cars with the Forrester Green over Ice Green combo, this is the paint scheme that is supposedly the original one for my wagon.

Decoder Results

ID Plate
NO: FC-229-507-M 
TRIM: 274-662 
PAINT: 256-2100 
 253-5775 
RPO:  TOP

*** There could be inconsistencies in the identification data - please check you entered it correctly ***
The trim number does not correspond with the paint numbers!
(Forrester Green over Ice Green eq "Forrestor Green over Ice Green" || Forrester Green over Ice Green eq Ice Green)

Other Details
Chassis Number: FC-32541-M 
Engine Number: L629495 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results and Explanation
FC-229-507-M Vehicle is an FC Special Station Sedan, the 507th manufactured in Melbourne, Victoria.
274-662 The Exterior Trim Code (274) describes this car as Two-Tone: Forrester Green over Ice Green.
The Interior Trim Code (662) refers to: Danube Green & Black.
256-2100  The Primary (bonnet, guards) colour is Ice Green (in DUCO Lacquer)
253-5775  The secondary colour is Forrestor Green (in DUCO Lacquer)
FC-32541-M The vehicle was assembled during 1959, and was the 31,541st FC (in any bodystyle) assembled in Melbourne, Victoria.
L629495 Manufacture date (based on engine number) is October 1959

Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 12:27:44 PM »

Stinky,

Nice car.

I have an idea Maco's sedan is Forrester over Ice Green?

I wonder if your wagon either wears a plate off another car ( I note it is screwed on), or a later subframe, although the engine doesn't seem out wildly out of kilter with the frame number.

I thought all wagon bodies came from Adelaide, my mid 59 Sydney assembled wagon body did. If they were being built in Melbourne surely wagon production would exceeded have exceeded 507 by late 1959? Also the colour scheme is the early one for wagons, not that this proves anything.

A bit of a mystery, needs the input from some of our Gurus.

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 09:09:21 AM »

John,

All FE wagon and panel van bodies came from Adelaide, and almost all FC wagons and vans. (All FJ vans as well, I believe.) The simple reason is that the SA plant was the only one with a press big enough to produce the roof panel.

However, as the wagons became more and more popular, GM-H bought another large press for the Fishermans Bend operation in readiness for the FB release. A fairly small (less than 2000 I think, but Ken would know) number of FC Station Sedans were manufactured in Melbourne in late 1959, and this is obviously one of them. In that context, the numbers seem to be consistent.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 10:13:58 AM »

Thanks John, there's been some work in the engine bay and it's obviously been painted at some stage hence the bolts (I hope).

I grabbed this photo that looks like similar colours to Maco's sedan from Alex's Nationals pictures

Wasn't there someone on the forum that could supply modern paint formulas for old holden paints?

ridgey_didge
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 10:35:18 AM »

The car at Phillip Island is tailshaft Tim's.  I'd know that bird dropping on the fin anywhere!

Cheers,
David

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 11:20:18 AM »

Here's a pic of John (Maco's) car at MotorEx last year:

I've got a copy of the old BALM paint book, but it's near useless. The lead-enamel tinters and formulae aren't compatible with either acrylic or two-pack.

Ring Dulux-PPG customer service, tell them the name, the year and the code, and
they'll be able to find it and suggest two-pack or acrylic alternatives:

PPG Australia
Customer Service & Technical Support
13 24 24

Toll Free Fax
1800 800 819

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: