FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 01:37:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: what brake booster is this??  (Read 2309 times)
Sheriff
qld-club

Model: FE

FEs rule!

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2007, 07:16:02 PM »

Can anyone tell me whether this is a VH40 or VH44 booster? , or maybe a 24??  Thanks , Mike.

Papa Smurf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 10:04:54 PM »

Its not a VH24 - either a VH40/44 - its hard to tell by photo but my guess would be VH44
the VH40 & VH44 is 9 1/2" (230mm) in length,
the VH40 is 9 3/4" (240mm) in diameter & the VH44 is 7 1/2" (190mm).
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 10:25:25 PM »

I can't work out why people want to fit a brake booster to standard drums on these cars. Basically they don't stop and a booster simply makes braking effort hard to modulate.

I've run both and I'd much prefer to be able to stand on unboosted brakes without trying to figure out which side of the road I'm going to end up on. Remember a booster doesn't make 'em stop better, it just makes it easier to lock them up.

I still have nightmares about a boosted EJ on crossplies in the wet Embarrassed

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
Sheriff
qld-club

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 04:36:53 PM »

Thanks fellows.  This one was on ebay as a reconditioned outfit and seemed to be going cheap at the time.   Appreciate your observations, John.  Will be sticking to the standard brakes on my old girl.  She stops ok, and straight, so it appears to be not worth the bother.  Cheers, Mike.
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 05:51:22 PM »

I agree 100% with John's opinion, and reckon you've made the right decision there Mike. There's much better accessorising to be had Grin

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: