FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 23, 2024, 01:30:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Is this car worth this much?  (Read 3602 times)
DN2168
nsw-club

Model: FC

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« on: July 17, 2007, 05:41:54 AM »

Hi Guys, just found this one on Carpoint it has had the interior redone & has recently been repainted. I think it has a red motor & HR discs.
here is the link

http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/HOLDEN/FC/New%20South%20Wales/csn1363771.aspx

I am selling my HSV Senator to fund the purchase of an FC & was just wondering about prices as I have been out of the loop for a while.

Dean.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 06:08:54 AM »

The car looks quite good and the 80 odd thousand miles claimed looks about right, very nice interior although the heater pipes are a bit ugly.  Seller doesn't really say whether it is a restored or original car. Price is maybe a shade too high for an original car -  but a lot will depend on how the engine bay looks since the downfall of a lot of original cars is the engine bay quality  - This is where restored cars value increases, since a lot of work is required to bring the engine bay and the engine itself up to a standard which meets the exterior. I would expect that if the paint is A1 and interior is A1 but the engine bay is a little down, then about 10k may be expected. A few little let downs like the external mirror and the hub caps are pretty easy to fix.
Ken
fcee
vic-club

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 06:28:31 AM »

Professional paint job and interior equals 10 grand ,you get the rest free ,if you are serious ,buy it !    Love the colour   .   Steve . Wink

Sale Victioria
cajerridoc
sa-club

Model: FE and FC

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 08:35:42 AM »

Otherwise there is this one on ebay. It's half the price and it looks like a good engine bay.

Robin

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1958-HOLDEN-FC-SPECIAL-SEDAN_W0QQitemZ330147260033QQihZ014QQcategoryZ32058QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The sticker says "I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden". I agree, I'd rather they pushed their Ford than drive MY Holdens!
DN2168
nsw-club

Model: FC

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 07:01:19 AM »

Thanks for the heads up on this one Robin.....just gotta sell the HSV then we are away  Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: