FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:01:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Ute Tub Finish  (Read 1689 times)
Jolls
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2023, 07:24:06 PM »

Hi Team

I have searched the internet high and low and don't think I've seen one picture of tubs that match. I also have no ideas how the tub was done originally. I have seen options, refurbs that include pressed metal, timber, timber and metal, checkerplate, marine carpet, and combinations. Can someone tell me, or provide a pic of, what an original tub looked like so I can start work on pulling together a plan.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

Cheers n Beers

Jolls
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2023, 07:46:13 PM »

Brown painted 1/2” Masonite sheet with black steel strips on the deck. Body colour is always there on the exposed metal inside the tonneau, under various supplementary finishes, the most popular in my experience being the grey salt and pepper fleck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jolls
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023, 09:57:16 PM »

Brown painted 1/2” Masonite sheet with black steel strips on the deck. Body colour is always there on the exposed metal inside the tonneau, under various supplementary finishes, the most popular in my experience being the grey salt and pepper fleck.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll see what I can find but will probably opt for stainless as opposed to black steel. I haven't found masonite available 1/2 inch think so may have to use an A grade ply and use a router to embed some SS flat bar just proud of the surface. Maybe 25 x 3mm SS strips with countersunk SS screws.

Cheers n Beers
Craig

Cheers n Beers

Jolls
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: