FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:15:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Granite grey and Idia ivory paint  (Read 3965 times)
Gary C
wa-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2009, 06:22:44 PM »

Hi I was hoping someone might know how I get my hands on the granite grey and India ivory paint for my fc. I dont know if Im in the right forum , I do have a few questions as Im trying to restore a recent purchase , thanks.
Gary
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 10:49:19 PM »

It's funny you know, despite never owning a grey/white FC (plenty of other colours over the years), I have original cans of paint for both these colours in my garage. Absolutely no use to man or beast of course (although the contents are still liquid, even after 50 years!)

Have a look at this thread http://fefcholden.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,5310.0.html for details of how you can obtain the two-pack or acrylic formulae for these colours.

cheers
RET

(It's interesting - both Volcanic Grey and Granite Grey appear to be the same colour according to the label, and it also passes as what I assume must be Ford Gibraltar Grey.)

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 10:54:51 PM »

Ret I have used 35 year old nitrocellulose lacquer with no problems might be OK if there is no rust in side of the tins  Huh Huh Huh..........FC427........

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Gary C
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 09:50:02 AM »

Thanks for the info Ret I will follow it up, only want to paint the engine bay at the moment as rebuilt grey motor is near completion.I live in Broome 2400 kms from Perth so its pretty hard tracking things down. There was some chat in FOR SALE about march regarding my fc. It was red when I bought it on ebay. It was resprayed directly on top of the grey and you can actually rub the paint off by hand, anyway thanks again.
Gary.
Taxi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 07:59:31 PM »

India Ivory(d07770) actually comes up as a fleet colour or a F fleet colour,maybe a special order for a company that seen the light and changed to holden. No sign of granite grey
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 08:10:07 PM »

Gary, unfortunately the only companies who will be able to supply you with current paints in the correct colours are all East Coast. (Eastern Auto Paints in Vic for example).
Otherwise you could get a local paint shop to eye match some existing paint for you.

Ken
Gary C
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 06:52:03 PM »

Thanks everybody, I did track down a supplier in Perth but then the different types of paint and primers stumped me. I thought I would just paint the engine bay ready for the new grey motor and didnt fully realise the complexities involved in primer and paint type. We have Hitachi excavators and believe it or not the grey on the cab trim is as close as I need so I ended up painting the engine bay Hitachi light beige. It will do untill full resto in 2 years. Thanks again,
Gary C
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: