FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:52:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Re: FC On Ebay  (Read 4959 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« on: March 26, 2003, 12:34:43 AM »

What's the go with the krazy krome treatment I wonder?  Not to mention the syncopated wipers....?

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
FE_STD_WAGON
qld-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2003, 07:37:25 AM »

I think it's a standard tring to evolve into a special. The moulds on the back quarters are or look like special front door lower moulds. evryone has different tastes.
Note the rear screen has special moulds and the front  doesn't. But still it looks a tidy car.
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2003, 11:38:19 PM »

So is it a Spandard?  Or a Stecial? Grin

Tidy?  Mate, I don't know.  It's little things like those wipers (the link is gone now, but there was one wiper parked and the other at full sweep) that make me think: Attention to detail? Not so you'd notice...

What other dodgy work and half-assed short-cuts have gone into the car? Roll Eyes

But then I'm not in the market for another car, so I can be picky I suppose.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Matt crump
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 09:37:04 PM »

hi guys - im another youngin lookin into an fc and i may have stumbled across this fc with the syncopated wipers. From what i can tell it runs fine and has no rust.

Ret seemed farily cautious about this one with the wipers and chromework a bit of a mismatch.

What i'd like to know is what are the possible problems with an fc that has these mods that seem (to me) like only exterior and have little effect on the running itself.

The one im lookin at is light blue in colour and the link is below - any info would be greatly appreciated

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2928249781&category=2030

thanks
matt
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2003, 02:16:53 AM »

Hi Matt,

Let me start by saying it looks good in the photos.  If it runs well and has no rust - what more can you ask for?  I haven't seen the car in person, only the pix on Ebay. For all I know it's an excellent buy.

It's just a gut feeling...  If they're the best pictures the owner can find to present the car for sale, it just makes you wonder about his attention to detail, that's all.

If you're selling a car for that sort of money (not that it's exorbitant) you really want to present it well.  Things like the wipers obviously either not correctly fitted or not working correctly just jump out at you.  Or the chromed dash with the holes in it for the shroud, but no shroud.  Why would you chrome a dash and not put the shroud back on?  Or chrome an FE dash that doesn't have the holes?  I would just be worried that there were other short-cuts taken (like bog in the sills, banana in the diff, etc etc)

But it does seems to have a good interior and if you say it has no rust well they're both positive.  The things I've pointed out are pretty minor, really - possibly you can negotiate a better price if you can pick other faults in the car.  That's S.O.P when buying a car after all.

Hope that helps,
RET

HARKO
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2003, 10:00:36 AM »

OK Im your cynical master so take note.
Never never ever buy a car sight unseen ever ,You "will" get shafted.
They say a photo tell a thousand lies well believe it and if you dont you are about to lose a lot of dough and gain a valuable lesson .
Take a look at this link ftp://http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=album;action=display;num=1029517108
Scroll down to Project cool dads car and give it some time to load.
In particular check out the two tone blue sedan, It looks realy good to start off.
Do yourself a favour and have a look at the fc in person, Feel the back of the sills where they meet the floor if there is any rust or bodgie work under there you will be in for a BIG bill for youre troubles.
If you can see any ripples in the paintwork it is more than likely to be BOG and god only knows what that will be hiding.
A quick look at this car and my first thoughts would be a younger person owns it ie (its on EBay, Pedals are of Hoon heritage and that rippley drivers door dont look promising - The fact that there are no bids and the starting price seems a little high are also poor attributes.
So all in all my own humble opinion would be "Dont be foolish grasshopper": and good luck
« Last Edit: May 24, 2003, 10:34:29 AM by HARKO » Logged
crumpdog

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2003, 07:59:15 AM »

thanks for the info guys, will take it onboard - your help is greatly appreciated
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: