FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:16:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wagon Spare Tyre Mounting  (Read 1951 times)
craiga
« on: May 20, 2004, 07:44:07 AM »

Can anyone please explain to me, with a picture if possible, how the spare wheel clamp is fitted on a wagon?

I've tried to work it out but have failed dismally Embarrassed

Thanks,

Craig.
FCwagon
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 02:21:58 AM »

Hi Craig,
Sorry no pic but... the bolt part of the clamp is attached to the top left rear of the floorpan and is spring loaded. The bottom part of the clamp has a pad one end that sits against the tyre and is held on the bolt through the centre slot with a wheel nut.
If you're using a modern radial tyre, it will only just contact the edge of the tyre. You might need to re-position the stops at the back of the compartment to get the clamp to do the job better.
hope this helps a little,
Leigh

Red & white is alright
craiga
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 02:23:46 AM »

Thanks Leigh, I'll have a look tonight and try your explanation. It has an original type spare so it should fit OK.

Cheers,

Craig.
craiga
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 08:03:09 AM »

Thanks to Leigh I have worked it out. Here's a picture which hopefully shows how it should be.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: