FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:49:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Bill Patterson Holden 1959  (Read 32211 times)
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2007, 10:17:00 AM »

Here are a few pics of Bill Patterson Holden showroom in 1959. Maroondah Highway, Ringwood Vic.

These images are from the Vic.gov site and copyright is w/ the photographer.
Regards
Alex

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 10:33:37 PM »

Great pics as always, Alex.

That rear shot of the wagon in the second picture is interesting - it's very unusual to see the tailgate done the same colour as the front clip on a 2T wagon. I don't think I've ever seen one like it before (or noticed, anyway).

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 10:48:03 PM »

are you sure its not t the light king it look that way?

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 10:56:36 PM »

Yes. I'm sure it's not the lighting.

Especially since that part of the car is actually in shadow. In any case, no amount of lighting could make the dark flash colour look the same as the roof colour.  Roll Eyes

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 04:01:16 AM »

I think the rear of the car is in light and the side is in shadow. Have a look where the upper tailgate meets the roof and it looks like there are 2 different colours.

Ken
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 05:49:48 AM »

Either we're looking at different pictures or someone's monitor desperately needs re-calibrating! Actually, Internet Explorer does a very poor job of colour-management, and the default gamma of PC screens is darker than that on the Mac, so perhaps we are looking at different pictures.

But on my screen, the front guard and door are bathed in light from a spotlight at ground level in the corner. Ditto the roof (of every car actually, from all the lighting panels in the ceiling). The shadowy area behind the rear wheel opening on the wagon is the same colour as the tailgate, and both are very different to the dark colour on the insert.

From the angle the car is parked and the shape of the shadow underneath it, it seems pretty clear to me that the back of the car faces away from all the light sources, towards the window (and the photographer).

Anyway, whatever. I'm sure there are better things to argue about. My only point was that the rear of the car is not the same colour as the insert, which is unusual.

cheers
RET

earlyholdenfan

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 06:11:23 AM »

but it does look (to me) to be the same colour as the top of the front Passenger door frame (on my inferior monitor) could that mean the rear of the flash is in shadow?
Just my 2c worth
Matt
fccool59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 07:11:00 AM »

Either we're looking at different pictures or someone's monitor desperately needs re-calibrating! Actually, Internet Explorer does a very poor job of colour-management, and the default gamma of PC screens is darker than that on the Mac, so perhaps we are looking at different pictures.

But on my screen, the front guard and door are bathed in light from a spotlight at ground level in the corner. Ditto the roof (of every car actually, from all the lighting panels in the ceiling). The shadowy area behind the rear wheel opening on the wagon is the same colour as the tailgate, and both are very different to the dark colour on the insert.

From the angle the car is parked and the shape of the shadow underneath it, it seems pretty clear to me that the back of the car faces away from all the light sources, towards the window (and the photographer).

Anyway, whatever. I'm sure there are better things to argue about. My only point was that the rear of the car is not the same colour as the insert, which is unusual.

cheers
RET

have you gone nuts?
take a photo of what is on your screen and show us.
you mac people always think you are better but i can see the light coming from behind, its bright on the tailgate, the car behind is brightly lit, if the FC wagon has a dark tailgate it must have lighter D? pillars and be divided in colour over the fin, i doubt they would have done that from the factory.

Anyway what amazes me about some of these 40's and 50's showroom pics is that they look like current 2007 showrooms, just no computers or salesman walking around with mobiles on their ears.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 08:03:39 AM »

Cropped and blown up, I hope this settles it  Roll Eyes
As RET said there are better things to argue about, unless you have all your PCs parked next to each other you're never going to know.

The way the car is parked means the back of the car is in shadow, look how close to the window the rear passenger wheel is, then look how far back the first light in the second row of fluoros is.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 08:07:19 AM by stinky » Logged

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 08:48:25 AM »

It's not really an argument - just a light hearted way to use up some time on a Sunday night Grin Cheesy

There is light on the front guard as RET says and there is light on the rear of the car, but the rear quarter is in darkness.

Stinky's enlargement shows quite clearly (on my pc anyway) that the colour on the tailgate is the same colour on the window frame on the front door and the colour darkens off as you go back through the back door and onto the rear quarter. I believe the tailgate and flash are the same colour.

Ken (with super darkness inspection glasses on) Cool
Rabbitoh
vic-club

FE - 'King of Cars'

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 10:00:32 AM »

is that what's known as an optical delusion?Huh Huh

Fortius Quo Fidelius 1966; Saints' 2nd in 2024?
Bunnies' 22nd in 2024?
fccool59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 10:53:35 AM »

blown up the tailgate looks lighter but i dont think they would have made the tailgate the light couler, that would have meant a few extra peices of stainless trim.

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 11:56:56 PM »

you mac people always think you are better

No, I was only pointing out a possible technical reason why we were literally seeing different things. I read somewhere recently a comment that PC vs. Mac was "Palestine for Geeks". Ain't that the truth.

But I'll agree the insert at the front door does look quite different in hue to the insert at the rear, so I dunno. Forget I ever mentioned it Roll Eyes

Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 04:14:51 AM »

;DLooks like a tri-colour to me!!!?Huh!!!  Anyway didn't FC's come out with customers own specifications on how and where certain colours came??  Maybe the original customer bailed out and since the car was already ordered, it would sit in the showroom until sold??  Just a thought,  Cheers Hotlips

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 04:34:03 AM »

I only lived around the corner from there,I used to walk past  Patto's all the time as a kid.
                                               Cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
REDMR2RED
vic-club

Model: FC

FC Ute's d'best

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 04:49:04 AM »

What do you think the open wheeler race car is?

My guess is a 1959 Repco Brabam Cooper Climax, except the back is a bit short.

Any ideas??

Red

1959 FC Holden Ute
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: