FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 17, 2024, 02:47:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: fc ute chrome  (Read 2271 times)
clive

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2001, 01:00:00 PM »

just found an fc ute in a paddock.not unusual in itself,but it had chrome strips right along the side,like an upmarket sedan.  its is original because it fits around the petrol cap correctly.  also the tail lights were chromed. i thought all utes and vans were basically plain.  is this a rare variation??? has anyone else seen this ??  didnt have a pen on me so could not get the trim number of the id plate.  also why do u only ever seem to find fc utes,and not fe ones
Richard
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2001, 01:00:00 PM »

Clive,
If you get the chance, please grab the numbers of the body plate and post them.  Who knows, you may have come across something rare!
Having said that, I've never yet seen a "Special" Ute that wasn't done using the stainless from a Station Sedan, because the fuel tank is mounted in the same spot as the ute/van.  Usually you find the stainless has a break in it where the back door of the wagon would have been, although it is possible (as John Wanner can attest) to join those stainless strips together. (His convertible FE has a Tilli's kit reworked from four to three pieces to suit the 2-door conversion).
cheers RET
Markcableguy@yahoo.com
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2001, 01:00:00 PM »

Is the ute in reasonable cond & for sale?
Ken McLean
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2001, 01:00:00 PM »

Utes like this are not rare.  Many utes were dressed up by the dealers to make a sale and GMH encouraged this.  However, I agree with Richard, If you have found a ute with full length strips (not joined) then you have found a rare car.  For the same reason, many utes have chromed tail lights and headlamp rims as well. In fact it is rare noe to find a ute with painted headlamp rims.  Lastly it depends where you look, although there were slightly more FC utes made than FE's      Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: