FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:29:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: my fe ute  (Read 19375 times)
bomer

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2008, 07:28:10 PM »

hey guys im a new member here and just thought id show you my new project
i bought the fe ute a few months ago off ebay only to find the whole floor is rusted though and the passenger side is all dinged in so a mate found me a sedan to get some parts off. ive had a hotted up 186 turbo charged motor sitting around home for a while so am going to put that in

FCOV6

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 07:50:30 PM »

The turbo 186 should make it boogie, would go nicely with a T700 conversion i reckon. Got a bit of spare trim work in the sedan boot !
bomer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 07:58:44 PM »

i was thinking supra 5 speed
um yeah there is a heaps of spares in the boot i havent been though it yet  im not even sure if im going to use the trim as im going for a clean shaved look
oh and i took the old motor and gear box today if any one needs one
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 08:03:01 PM »

Great stuff, good to see a new member with a new car and lots of enthusiasm.
Is your ute FE-2106-5799-S which was on ebay a while ago?
If so have you managed to find a chassis number somewhere in the engine bay - either near the battery or on the driver's side in the middle.
Would also like to get the ID plate numbers and chassis number from your FE parts car if at all possible.

I collect all data from surviving FE and FC models for research purposes

Best of luck with your purchases and don't be afraid to ask questions here no matter how silly they seem to you - we are here to help and encourage.

Regards  Ken
bomer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 08:30:19 PM »

HI ken the ebay number is 150306726891 it was a located in cootamundra
the other number ill have to find out as the car lives at my brothers house (he has more room in the shed)
the donor car has no id plates on the fire wall which is either in the boot or isn't there at all
i will have to go though that boot and find whats there  as i was told there is alot of brand new items (tail lights that sort of thing) but i will find out for you as it seams like a great idea keeping track of these great looking cars
bomer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 11:33:01 PM »

hi guys
i cut the rust out of the passengers b pillar the other day and made the new peice
it came out good i just have to make the outer panel now and clean up  the welds
i just started making the rotisserie aswell and should have the ute up on it soon

bomer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 05:00:56 PM »

hey guys i havent updated in a while (sux working 7 days) so i got some more pic's .The ute is finally up on the rotisserie and im finding so much rust, both inner sills, both a pillars, both b pillars, crossmember, all the floor, parcel shelf behind seat, and big sections of the rear chassis   so lots of rust but ill get though it 1 patch at a time
i put in the new passenger inner sill yesterday and doing some more work today
and now the pic's

customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 12:07:09 AM »

Oh my, that's a fair bit of tin worm.
If you have that sedan, I would be looking at what you might be able to remove to use as patch panels.
Good luck.
Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 10:04:59 PM by customFC » Logged

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 07:22:22 AM »

Geez bomer,

You have got your work cut out for you there with this one. I noticed that you are in Qbn, I am in the ACT, wouldn't mind dropping in one day and introducing myself and having a look at your work, if that's OK

Regards

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
bomer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 08:56:03 PM »

yeah sure my number is 0401779793 just drop me a line and we will go from there

oh and the other inner sill is in now so its starting to come back together
lucky_gwen

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 04:30:39 PM »

My goodness thats alot of rust. I have an FC parts car on my front lawn and I don't think it has as much rust as yours has and there is no way we would attempt to restore it. All you guys who restore these poor rusted old things, I take my hat off for you. I suppose if we had the place, money, time, connections and patience, then things might be different.

I'm lucky when I bought my FC it only needed a very few minor problems for rego and now my partner Mick has just bought back his FB which he sold 10 years ago and that needs restoring. So in time he will do it.

Cheers
Janette
bomer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 09:31:38 PM »

thanks for your replies guys
allthough it is really rusty and it was a pain to remove anything (only to find more bloody rust) i got about a half a cubic metre of cootamundra dirt FOR FREE and thats a bargin as for for the rest i have some how landed on cheap parts all the way along this build so far has only cost me around  2 grand and thats for motor gearbox 2 cars towing and steel and with the success of the others on this site in there builds it keeps me motivated so thanks to all the people that write here
Mrs EffCee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 04:23:35 PM »

Hi guys, haven't been on sticking my beek in things for awhile, but when Keith showed me this post I couldn't help but think "gee, bomer only got the car in December and already it's up on a rotisserie" EffCee has had his car sitting in the garage for ohhh about 10 months and it's still sitting in the same condition as when it arrived!!!! Well done on at least the motivation Bomer, maybe we need you over here getting a little motivation happening in this neck of the woods. Not even an earlier visit from Nosferatu & smithy and the entire ACT FE/HR club worked!!  Lips sealed. Really don't know what else to do  Undecided. Good luck with your project Bomer, Keith's car is in a little better condition than yours however I have a funny feeling you will finish first Grin
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 09:11:30 PM »

Keep up the good work Bomer  Cheesy

And Mrs EffCee - nice to see you on the forum again.  Maybe if that "list" wasn't so long Keith might've  been able to get out into the shed..... but then again.... maybe not!  Wink

Kathi

NosFEratu
ekute

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2009, 09:56:20 PM »

Bomer, if you are down the coast some time call me and check us coasties,

Mark 0431 746204
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 11:19:51 PM »

Keep on with it Bomer and never give up.Many of us have repaired the same or worse rust but when it's done,you stand back and look at it and think to yourself "what a job I've done".It will be worth it.My Black FC is still only a shell on a rotisserie (more updates soon,just quietly)but when I look through my posts I can't believe it's the same car.Cheers,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 10:04:49 PM »

Bugger me, i'm impressed your going to tackle that!

steamman

Model: other Holden

Woodend Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 09:05:04 PM »

I reckon you should bottle up the rusty stuff and sellit the local market,With a label Genuine Holden rust 1957 vintage Wink
Cheers
Deano.

FE and FC"S rule.
bomer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2009, 02:35:49 PM »

or holden should do a charity thing where everyone sends in the rust on there car and when they get a set weight they donate a wheel chair to a kid or something like they do for the can ring pull things
FC P/VAN

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2009, 06:48:52 PM »

I reckon I would have a few wheel chairs worth sitting in my yards with all the fc's and parts cars I have.

lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: