FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:03:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Bathurst Day  (Read 2223 times)
craiga
« on: October 13, 2003, 08:18:47 PM »

Spent yesterday watching Bathurst (and drinking large quantities of VB) at my mate Jack's house. Jack has been racing cars since the late 60's - he held the 6 cylinder record at Castleragh in an EH in the early 70's. He has owned a panel shop in St Mary's NSW for nearly 30 years, and did his apprenticeship fixing early Holden's. Jack's digging through photo albums for photos of his early racers (including an FE) and his wifes daily driver FC which had a fully worked grey as well!!! I'll post these as soon as I get them off him.

Here's a picture which shows some of Jack's race cars.

First is a Humpy he used for drags and circuit racing, then the EH which was triple webber equipped red motor powered, then an LJ sports sedan (mid mounted 308 stroker), Nissan Bluebird (ex Bathust racer with mid mounted 308 stroker), VL Commodore spaceframe car with mid mounted 400 Chev (Jack still races this car very successfully), and the final picture is of Jack's son Craig's car (Honda Prelude mid mounted 400 Chev, 6 Speed Transaxle, Carbon fibre panels). This car was the fastest Sport Sedan in Australia in the early 90's. It was built for John Briggs by Elfin Sports cars and carries an Elfin build tag. It's an open wheel race car with a sedan body.

Craig has just spent the last 12 months refurbishing it and raced it for the first time at Eastern Creek 2 weeks ago. In the three races he came 3rd, then 2nd, then won the last race (Jack came 7th in his Commodore). This is one QUICK car - 290km/hour down the main straight, lap times under a V8 Supercar.

Jack's proof that once you're bitten by the car bug, you're infected for life  Smiley

Cheers,

Craig.
craiga
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2003, 08:25:25 PM »

And here's a picture of a couple of utes that were there yesterday.

Top one is my mate Uli's brand new VY SS with 19" Senator wheels, bottom one is my brothers VS with Harlequin Paint, 18" GTS Wheels, and custom dual exhaust. This thing sounds really good............

« Last Edit: October 13, 2003, 08:29:07 PM by craiga » Logged
normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2003, 03:17:31 AM »

Great stuff Craig
    Looking forward to the "next issue"
Love looking at these car's , even if some of these cars don't exist anymore at least we have a "photographic" record.

Norm

PS Sunday , Kicked the kids out of the Loungeroom , Lay'd on the lounge watched & video'd the race , What a great day  Grin.

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: