FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:47:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: zulus other van  (Read 5818 times)
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2003, 11:29:11 AM »

Hi, Iv'e got the caravan bug, I have found a stable mate for my other 2 vans.
Now I'll have to get my finger out & finish restoring the FC Wagon to cart it around.
It's in pretty good nik, been in a shed for ages, should be easier to refurbish than our other ply van was.
If anyone out there has any parts or info about this particular style or era van, your input would be welcome.
Gary  
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 11:38:56 AM »

hi gary    she's a beauty!   (oops ..heard that somewhere before)  it looks like a very compact van
i've forwarded the pic to mark.   we'll see if he can help
                       cheers  trev
« Last Edit: December 23, 2003, 11:40:18 AM by robbzfc58 » Logged

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
craiga
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 11:48:22 AM »

Looks great Gary, I can just imagine the FC Ambulance towing the three vans, road train fashion, down the main street of Penrith.

I can also see your lovely wife shaking her head................  Grin Grin

Merry Christmas to you both,

Craig, Val, Jessie and Emily.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2003, 11:48:42 AM by craiga » Logged
HARKO
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2003, 11:53:06 AM »

Im pushing the memmory here gary ,But Im sure I spotted that van behind a copper brown pick up or 4wd today at shellharbour ,
I was at a set of lights on your left as you went past burger king.
If it wasnt - You have a double
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2003, 01:30:24 PM »

Harko,
No, wern't me, it's not registered & needs a bit of tidying up, although I did tow it home from Cobbity. I wouldn't have went past Burger King, I probably would have been in it as the van dosen't have a stove, or mattresses, but everything else is there. Thats interesting though, nice to know there may be another one running around.

Craig, Now Debbie just says... where are you going to put this one  Tongue the van that is, & I just find another spot, how are you going for space  Huh

Trev, Ta for that, will email you some more pics later, it's 10 foot 1 inch long x 6 foot 6 1/2 inches wide (at least you can lay down in this one without kicking the wall out!) it also has a tounge & groove floor, like yours? and a drop axle with 15 inch wheels. Oh, & a chimney for the stove.
Gary
normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2003, 02:14:19 PM »

Hi Gary
  I have this van at my place at the moment , It was a "pre-fab" from Caravan Accessories, Rocky Point Rd Kogarah , dad built it up from that ,  size = 12'6" X 6"6"
1963 model , 13" wheels 4 bed , gas stove , gas-240-12v fridge.    It's done about 5,000 miles.
Pic was taken about 1968 .

Norm
« Last Edit: December 23, 2003, 02:17:55 PM by normd » Logged

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2003, 06:05:02 PM »

norm that caravan looks like a copy of a nz C I MUNRO caravan are u sure the pic was 68 cause ya can still buy em new overhere to be towed by the new ek holden they say is comming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2003, 11:04:06 PM »

kiwi    not sure if ewe fellas have heard yet, but theres a new material heading your way too....its called plastic...it'll make bakelite redundant
         cheers & happy xmas to all
             trev & carrots
                Grin          Grin

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
HARKO
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2003, 11:27:58 PM »

Also Kiwi you will be amazed at the new Holdens gearbox -its entirely "Automatic" No more changing gears
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2003, 02:23:44 AM »

Giday Normd, That one looks a bit like our green van, only ours has Holden hubcaps, not f@#d  Lips sealed  Is that where you go when your in strife. Are you going to do it up? They are great to go to swap meets in, you can bring back as much as you take & you can change your socks & have a beer as well.
Gary
-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2003, 05:06:44 AM »

hey harko if this so called automatic is soo great what am i gunna  do with me clutch pedal and gear stick  and how does this so called automatic know which direction i wanna  go in  ha ?? Huh?but i dont think this new fangled idea will catch on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what next ewell be telling me bout power steering and air conditioning as if some one would invent that no one would use it

trev plastic what the hell is that and i doubt they would use it in cars

u guys are dreamers  Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Grin Grin Grin
normd

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2003, 01:37:13 PM »

Hi Gary
   Mate they sure do look similar .   The old van might need quite a bit to "restore" ,It's been under a tarp for about 10 years and it was registered until 12 months ago . so I'm tossing up a bit at the moment. I've got to keep it while my dad's still with us , he's 85 , because it's one of his "keepsakes" . last time he used it was in 1981 , so it's really done no work.  The reason for the F@#d hubcaps ... he had an XK Falcon when he bought it , so had the hubs made to match the car.

Kiwi .. ? ? mmm  yes , well ,  Yes it is a 1963 model cos my brother was born the year dad built it up , Yes , that was about '68 cos we sold our farm in 1970 .The van came with an "ICEBOX"   as you would know well  Roll Eyes,  but NOW we have van "fridges"  here with a "freezer" built into it and these things run on electricity or gas , (gas is like an AIR type stuff you put in a bottle)  Cool...... Think I'll have to get Sis in NZ to get parts for me if I need them . Grin

Norm  Smiley

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2003, 03:38:44 AM »

Well Norm, if you decide not to restore it, you shoudn't have any trouble selling it, the last 2 vans that I picked up the owners were inundated with enquiries after we had done the deal.
Your Dads' must have been towards the end of the ply pre fabs, I think alluminium vans were well into production by 63'
As a matter of interest, all three of ours still have the icebox & I can vouch for the effectivness of these antiquated fridges, they do keep the Ale cold & the ice lasts quite a while.
Here is a pic of the inside of the green van.
Cheers, Gary
« Last Edit: December 25, 2003, 03:40:03 AM by zulu » Logged
normd

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2003, 06:43:11 AM »

Hey Gary
   Yes ,   Aluminium vans were out then ,  you had to order a ply-wood job ,  dad wanted ply because he'd built one from scratch before & thought it would be easier to build the interior with the wooden shell.  The van DID have an ICE-CHEST in it till 1984 ,  so he's never used it with the fridge ,  I remember holidaying in it at the "beachcomber" van park at Lake Illawarra (down Harko way ) , and waiting for the "Ice Man" to come around of a morning , and yes ,  it kept the fish , milk & food very cold. Restoring it is high on the option list ,,,,     hopefully
    Norm    Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: