FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 15, 2024, 11:21:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fc Grille badge insert  (Read 19373 times)
inspector.plod

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2009, 03:25:02 PM »

Does anyone make a repro grille badge insert,or the chrome section as well.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 05:30:19 PM »

Not to my knowledge - there was a guy in Vic years ago who made a limited run of cast brass outers and he used quarter panel badges as the inserts - I'm pretty sure he sold all he had and is not interested in doing any more though. I don't have his number and can't even recall seeing him round the scene for 3 or 4 years now.

Ken
inspector.plod

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 06:52:52 PM »

Thanks Ken

In your opinion would it be worth while trying to do some.Obviously If there were more members interested in them then the more that were made the cost should come down.

Cheers Ron.
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 07:57:58 PM »

I would take one if you do it.

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 07:58:40 PM »

You can try - my experience with Rare Spares is that it is VERY hard to get the plastic moulded without bubbles in it. I saw a lot of boot badges with bubbles that were rejected before they finally found someone who could do it reliably.

May be easier to get a small limited run done than a production batch though.

Ken
Omalley
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 08:28:31 AM »

Ive got a brand new repo one sitting in my drawer if that helps at all
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 12:13:57 PM »

It'll only help if you send it to me  Grin

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 04:16:00 PM »

It'll only help if you send it to me  Grin

No, send it to me, send it to me!

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 08:36:11 PM »

Omalley - not wanting to be rude - who did the repro if you don't mind me asking?

Ken
Omalley
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 05:38:38 PM »

Not rude Ken, sorry read the post wrong i got a sticker one....... not the plastic one, its one that Graham FULLER repoed there a few years ago, sorry for the stuff up, I was on night shift......... but if this helps it can be supplied.  as for the brass ones jamie (FEHOTROD) and run into him all the time at swaps etc, he will be at the vic titles im sure, we can have a chat to him there as im going to bring the OLKAT for a cruise.  He had a few last time we spoke so depending if the interest was there you could cut out a bit of plastic and go the sticker option, just a thought anyhow.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2009, 08:50:54 PM »

Good to hear he's still making them - the outer he had was quite a good job from my memory

Ken
psaldaneri

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 05:52:44 PM »

I was speaking to a guy at the ballarat swap meet who does these or DID them, he did have someone who made him a cast for the surround, and he DID use the rear quarter emblem as the centre. Im actually in the process of swapping some wagon doors for a grille badge...
Jonno

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 01:51:24 PM »

For info, here is one of these items I purchased from the Ballarat swap a couple of years ago, assuming at the time (correctly as it turned out) that I was unlikely ever to come across an original one. It seems to fit quite well and, as Ken says, uses a rear quarter badge, covered in resin, to make the centre. I think they look pretty good?

Jonno

Cottles Bridge, VIC
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 02:08:05 PM »

It looks pretty good Jonno, do you have a pic of the rear, is the HOLDEN script removed from the top or left in place?

Gary
Jonno

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 04:15:44 PM »

the rear is obscured by quite a bit of silicone but if you peer into the gap at the front (may not be visible in this shot) you can still see the HOLDEN letters

Cottles Bridge, VIC
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 04:30:16 PM »

I have a multi cam CNC router and a water jet cutter if we could find someone that can draw a 3d drawing of it i can mill alloy or plastics or wood S/S very accuratley i just have limited drawing skills with 3d drawing i can do anything flat just not up to curves yet.

All i need is a DXF file dont care what program draws it as long as its saved as a DXF i can use it so Autocad or corell draw or multi pro ect.

Jonno

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2010, 05:25:51 PM »

sounds good but probably best if someone can generate a file from an original rather one of these Franken-badges..

Cottles Bridge, VIC
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2010, 07:02:54 PM »

Franken badges

it says everything i was thinking
I was thinking more along the lines of getting a piece of resin block or lexan and engraving or routering into it from behind like whats done from factory.
what about using the sticker idea and setting it into a resin gotta look bettter than the rear quarter badge.

pete

fink fc

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 01:49:46 PM »

Not to my knowledge - there was a guy in Vic years ago who made a limited run of cast brass outers and he used quarter panel badges as the inserts - I'm pretty sure he sold all he had and is not interested in doing any more though. I don't have his number and can't even recall seeing him round the scene for 3 or 4 years now.

Ken
heyken im still alive and living in deer park if there is enough interest i will see the chap who cast them and i can do the rest ok get back soon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: