FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 15, 2024, 05:18:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: More FE Numbers  (Read 4749 times)
wilburwilde

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2009, 09:24:08 PM »

FE Special, Numbers as follows

FE-225-31364-A
TRIM       236-709
PAINT      256-7698
         253-7700

CHASSIS NUMBER 711973A

ENGINE NUMBER L398346 (original engine)

Rego number SA 103-238

Has been sheded for 9 years. Before that was daily drive of my partners mum for many years. Before that belonged to her father (partner's, mum's dad). Befroe that not sure. Know it was bought with only 1000 genuine miles on the clock not long after new. So basicly has been in the family for a million years. I am a mechanic so the bug bit me. Fixed the brakes got her roadworthy then reregistered on original plates (WOO HOO). Still extremely original, no heaters even, and WILL be kept that way except for a well hidden radio.

It will be used in october as our wedding car then pulled from the road to be stripped completely, then soda blasted. ASAP i will begin to learn how to panel beat etc as money becomes available. Hope to join the SA FE/FC club after resto. Final planis for it to be a daily driver. CAN'T WAIT!!

Anyway thats the story so far.

Big thanks already to the numerous people who have posted and replied to various problems. A definite wealth of knowledge out there.

Regards,
Will

I wish I had lots more money so i could fix the FE and just cruize ALL day!!
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 10:48:35 PM »

Love a car with history.
Looks like a nice car that deserves the treatment.
All the best for the wedding plans and the rebuild.
Regards
Alex

p.s. you don't have to have the car restored and on the road to be a member of a FE FC club.
Get out there and meet some people and ask for help and advice face to face.

Geoff_K
nsw-club

The 2 BAY s

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 10:52:27 PM »

Thanks for the numbers on your Granite Grey over Castle Grey, with Cobweb Grey & Parchment Ivory Trim FE.
You say the car has been in family since near new, could you give us the original registration date and dealer, as this helps confirm the build date, (that seems to be about October 1957)
Any chance of seeing such an original car at the Nationals next year, in its original form?
Geoff_K
wilburwilde

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 12:30:32 AM »

Will try to head over to the nationals, but the car will fully dismantled by then. I am getting a near free deal for the soda blasting. Only catch is it needs to be done by Jan as the said person is leaving SA for QLD. He is a car nut and knows that it will be restored faithfully to original spec and thats the way he likes em, so, he is sponsering me so to speak.

As for the selling dealer and such, will ask, but the original owner has passed many years ago and my partners mum knows few specific details other than she can remember it from when she was young (born 1950) driving round Adelaide,  and the likes. Will ask on the weekend though.

It's funny i've been in the family for 7 years officialy but only in the last 8 - 10 months has this all come about due to the wedding.

Luckily it was shedded but i forgot to mention it has been resprayed once due to cancer, but 15 years or more ago. Unfortunatly the Castle Grey was not faithfully recreated. The dash is original grey but the body is to white for the castle grey. Can't really notice i spose but it gets me every time cause i know.

I know we don't have to have a car on the road to be a member but we live in Naracoorte, 350km to 1,000,000km from anywhere major, eg Adelaide Melbourne. Would have driven up for the Bay to Birdwood, but i have a wedding then and i'm the bestman. To late to pullout but it did cross my mind.

Will

wilburwilde

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 12:32:59 AM »

Oh and i realise that we are only 100km form Mt gambier but it was not on the cards at that stage, DAMN. Otherwise we would have been there. Double Damn!!!!!!!

Will

smeg

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 04:08:09 PM »

I know i am only a newbie but just had to post, this car unrestored and found in shed in sale vic , pick up next week .full resto on cards
FE 225-37382-8
trim      249-717
paint    256-7698
rpo      253-7472  top
1958 sed  registered last 1977  GVJ 203
eng L450667
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 05:02:20 PM »

Thanks Smeg and welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new purchase. Would like to get the chassis number when you pick up the vehicle - should be on the driver's side engine bay skirt.

Regards  Ken
GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 11:47:21 AM »

Well done Smeg and welcome to the Forum, be sure to post plenty of photos up when you get the car home.
smeg

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 09:41:04 PM »

FE225-37382-A
trim249-717
paint256-7698
top  253-7472
chassis 8532861
eng L450667
1958 sed
reg vic gvj 203
last rego 1973