FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:46:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: TERESA ALFIOM CUSTOM FE 58  (Read 29930 times)
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2006, 11:39:54 AM »

Well what can l say ,l have beening working on TERESA for almost 2 years,on and off but the last 12 month pretty full on.l have made major changes to the body design,there are 6 off them 1/. The rear quarter panels has been extented 10 inches long 2/.The frount mudgaurds Shocked has been extented 5 inches longer 3/.The rear quarter and the frount mudgaurds has been lowered 3 inches 4/the dog leg have been extented 5/.The rear beaver  Cool has been extented and recess for the continental kit 6/.The rear bar is also custom made as well.There  are a few more just small ones.Thats the body,Paint is two pack three layer pearl code 051 toyota l left out a few tinters out l wanted to have a clean pearl.l also so super flow coat that means you let the clear coat dry out for 2 to 3 weeks then slice it with 1000 grit wet/dry,then flow coat.then left it for 3 weeks and used G3 Farecla cutting compound,then G10 which is finer compound,use a G.MOP DO NOT USE WOOL, its  will give you swells.l did not use any fine sandpaper ,the roof is same as rosie.thats all for to nite ,Alex is going to send pic for me soon  Cheesy SO STAY TUNE FOR NEXT TIME Cool FROM ALFIOM Wink
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 10:17:10 PM »

Jeebus, Mother Teresa Alfio! Shocked

how about some pics Alex?

this sounds interesting

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Papa Smurf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 11:48:22 PM »

G’day Alfio
I’m very ‘green’ about this sort of stuff but I’m interested to know what you mean by ‘super flow coat’ is that a product or a method of applying clear coat, also what is a G-mop, I guess its a fabric mop instead of wool

Cheers
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 12:03:10 AM »

Blu ute,

sounds like panel beaters and spray painters jargon to me.

a flow coat is usually a heavier wet coat of clear applied over a clear coat which has been previously  "sliced" back to give a smooth surface devoid of orange peel or minor sink backs.

a super flow coat by the looks of it, maximises your chances of getting the best, smoothest surface to paint by allowing the paint to settle for a long period.

I think the "G MOP" just refers to a foam style compounding mop.  Personally I have used the 3M Perfect it range with good results, and you don't use lambswool on 2K finishes as Alfio states.

I'm no painter.. I spent some time helping/watching Alfio do the colour on my wagon, so took the opportunity to learn some speak.

As Stinky says " for a QA guy I make a good painter".. or something like that"

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
BOVAFC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 12:12:52 AM »

C'mon Alex,post the pics Wink this sounds veeery interesting !!!
Papa Smurf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 12:53:56 AM »

Yeah Ed I'm the same
I find some paint shops have sales people not ex tradies & their info is not always correct or just plain confuses the hell out of a 'numb skull' like me & this is where a forum like this is invaluable.
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 05:30:49 AM »

OK....so ya wanna see some pics........here's lots.

Regards
Alex

SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 05:38:52 AM »

Jeebus is certainly correct Shocked

Absolutely huge amount of work there Alf, looks bloody brilliant Cool

Very nice colours too.

Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 05:43:52 AM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked

OMFG.. That is wild!

nice work Alfio!

Shocked Cool Shocked

really dig the interior too and injection!

do customs get their own category at the Nats now?

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 06:02:12 AM »

hEY HEY, thank you Alex  Cheesy gee ed you just save me from typing ,what edd said is very true if you want a slick paint job thats what you do  Cool there will be a few car l have paint at the nat,ed  is one of them.so there you are TERESA is name after a asian singer you will see more of her,PART 2 of the story,machnical l kept it very easy for the engineer,202 black EFI with auto from a VK calis,VK rear rack&pinon do not P.S it has very light sterring.,HR disc,HRdrums at the rear,VN sterring colum,with VR wiper set up and VR/VS light control.The frount seats are off a honda ,all the trims are two tone leather,all the wood work,boot design l did my self ,then trimed,under the dash board l design,its clean ans simple set up.the spare wheel cover is gettin a design on it not finish yet we be next few week and also my displayed poster for TERESA.hope you like the work l have done and it great to see other people like ED,LEONS FC S/W ,and every one who is doing custom work ,l enjoyed doing the custom car FE.Cheers from AlfioM  P.S l will post more pic up stay tune Cool
craiga
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 06:09:30 AM »

Alf,

You are f*&ken amazing!!!

This car is incredible, people will love and hate it, but all will admire the work you have done. It will definitely polarise opinion, but I know which side I'm on!!

This is one of the most amazingly individual customs ever built, an absolute credit to you and your skills.

Well done.

Cheers,

Craig.

P.S: I can't stop staring at the pictures  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 06:16:48 AM by craiga » Logged
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 06:23:03 AM »

Thank you ,Craig, ED ,Srviles,it great to have guys like you to be supportive ,and l hope we all support each other car and custom skills we can share,that is what a club car all about , Cool it sad to see Rosie going Cry but im pretty sure that TERESA will take its place,until my next custom which lm starting to design, Lips sealed not for a while,cheers AlfioM Smiley
FC-V8

Model: FC

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 06:56:33 AM »

Alfio
     That is awsome Shocked Shocked, The amount of work you have put into it has paid off, its a credit to you. I find it amazing the amount of top quality cars that have been
finished or just about to be finished in the last couple of months.
But Alfio you have lifted the bar pretty high with this one so your next custom is going to have to be over top to beat this.
Congrats

Cheers
Glenn

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
Rusty_T
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 08:44:15 AM »

Shocked
Alfi,
My hat's off to you.You are a credit to you work.Imagine if you were around in 1956, and what customising would be today. You are only limited by your imagination.Congratulations on a magnificent job you must be very proud.

Rusty
JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 09:20:38 AM »

Hey Alfio,

Awesome work mate... 2 years off and on you reckon, I'm sure there will be a line up outside your shed now for paint... If only you were a little closer to Cairns.

Cheers
Jason.

Phone +64 223509263
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 10:08:20 AM »

Thanks Fevanv6,Rustyt,Glenn, lm hoping in the future to have a work shop here in sydney, to do resto on early holdens,l have restored a few car here for a few members,getting a good word of my work is the only way,next car l do will be a V8. cheer AlfioM.
SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2006, 10:18:54 AM »

hey Alfio, talk to John Rapaport, he's seen the shop where my car is. It's possible it may be becoming vacant soon.

the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2006, 10:27:40 AM »

Thank mate l will talk to john soon thank you take care Alfio
fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 10:43:26 AM »

;)At last its good to see someone who is not scared to try something different,and quite different it is,my hat goes off to ya,awsome job,cant wait to see the next project to come out of your workshop!!!cheers jamie Wink
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 10:44:29 AM by fe_hotrod » Logged
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2006, 01:17:32 PM »

Alfio, Congratulations, thats one big , brassy, bad arsed, bruising, brooding beast you have there  Shocked Shocked Shocked.

I love the colour, interior and engine bay too.

Good luck at the nats, looks like you'll be going in style.

Cheers, Gary
and it's an FE too!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: