FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:23:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: id info  (Read 3953 times)
oldfnc

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2016, 11:50:11 AM »

gday needing help iding my fc I have no trim or paint codes and the body id number starts with 704 tried the id page and had no luck
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Model: FC

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 11:57:32 AM »

post a picture of your ID plate!

You can never have too many!
Port Macquarie NSW
oldfnc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 12:33:16 PM »

mate ya guna think Im dhead I realy misted the boat when it comes to computors I got no idear how to do it if you can give me a phone number I can send pics mine is 0400491490 sorry mate Im a bit to old school thanks Darren
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 01:05:31 PM »

Hi Darren,

It's not you, it's your car Grin

What you have there is a very unusual vehicle.

If your car's ID plate has just a single, seven digit number that starts with 740, then what you have is a factory original replacement shell. That means the car was rebuilt early in its life with a replacement body shell from the GM-H factory. As a result, there's no colour or trim information, which unfortunately means there's no way of knowing the original colours, since they've gone with the (presumably written off) original body shell.

But on the other hand, you have a seriously rare vehicle. I've been involved in the FE/FC movement for nearly 30 years, and I think I have only ever seen two other cars with replacement shell ID plates.

Hope that helps, and welcome to the forum.

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
oldfnc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 01:45:17 PM »

thanks big help I got it from brand new owners son Ill have to ask some questions it will be back on the road in a month or so           full 7 digit number on tag is 7406190-66 with what looks like SO1 in the top left corner and chassis number is    FC 27142  S maybe these could be more help to you thank you very very much cheers Darren
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 01:57:28 PM »

Hi Darren,

That number means it was the 66th FC Sedan replacement shell manufactured. (That body was used for Special or Standard Sedans, there's another number for Business Sedans, because they had different B pillars.)

The chassis number tells you that the car was assembled in Sydney, the 17,142nd FC to be built there (regardless of body-style). However, if the original vehicle was so badly damaged the body had to be replaced, it's difficult to say with any confidence that the front subframe is the original one from the car.

It will be interesting to hear if the original owner's son can tell you more about the car's history.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
oldfnc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 02:20:02 PM »

ill get back to u when I know more hopefully with pics thanks again
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 08:09:02 PM »

Here are some pics of the vehicle...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: