FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:35:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE FC INDICATOR SWITCH ASSEMBLY  (Read 5318 times)
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2012, 08:23:58 PM »

Hi All,
Are all FE FC indicator switches the same? Thought maybe the 59 switches may have been different as the indicators were separated from the brake lights.
Cheers,
Graham
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 10:07:29 PM »

The parts book does not indicate a different part number for the indicator switch for late FC, but I seem to recall late FC's having the FB indicator switch. Anybody with a late (orange indicator) FC able to check how many wires come out of the steering column?

Ken
KFH
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 11:05:29 PM »

I do not know if there is a difference in the late FC's.  My September 59 FC had the combination brake and indicators lamps.  It was a simple job using the original indicator switch to convert the backup lamps as indicators/ backup lamps and use the stop lamps solely for that purpose.

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 11:10:32 PM »

dunno if this is any help but i went out and had a look. I have a late late 59 fc with orange indicators lenses and the switch is identical, except 1 feels like new (fe) and fc one is floppy cos was a taxi. There appears to be 6 wires coming out of the fc column, 1 being yellow and not connected. The others are all different colours.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 11:01:21 AM »

OK it looks like GMH did use the same switch for all the FC range but just wired up differently to suit the indicators. Then they put the new indicator switch with only 3 wires into the FB.

Thanks fe350

Ken
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 11:20:35 AM »

Thanks guys.
Much appreciated.
Cheers,
Graham
KFH
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 11:23:56 AM »

Does anybody have a circuit of the FB/EK wiring diagram they can send me.  The one in the technical section is insufficient resolution to read correctly.  If so PM me and I'll give you my email address.  Thanks

Keith

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 06:16:04 PM »

http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3420

is this the one you can read. If you right click on it and go "save image" or copy image to your computer, open it with your viewer and enlarge it  Wink

http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3418

there is a good colour one in above thread  Wink

http://www.fefcholden.org.au/techinfo/images/wiring.gif

fc one too.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
KFH
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 08:55:26 PM »

Thanks Deano.  Not perfect but will be sufficient for my requirements.

Keith

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 10:45:29 PM »

I love the word sufficient...... reminds me of what my wife sometimes eludes to....... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

also, sufficient is better than being up shit creek hey (sorry im heat strokes today)  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Deano

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: