FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:07:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: RUBBER KIT / WIRING HARNESS  (Read 1748 times)
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2005, 04:27:35 AM »

Yeah I know...I'm asking for the impossible (again), but you never know .....

I'm chasing a FULL rubber kit for an FC Special Sedan. I'm hoping someone has or is about to abandon a project and may have already bought a kit but not installed it.....like I said....an impossible ask !

I'm also looking for the best place to go to buy a full wiring harness......rather not buy used ones, but would prefer a plastic/cotton bound harness that tucks away nicely, and not a box of spaghetti like the Painless kits.

If anyone can help, please reply or send me a private message.

I know I can get a rubber kit from Rare Spares, but hoping to lower the $1200 asking price.

Cheers

Mark
craiga
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 05:03:29 AM »

Mark,

lots of guys buy the rubbers in lengths from Clark Rubber or similar and make the rubbers themselves. Door rubbers are a bit hard to replicate because of the moulded section at the lower door jamb, but the boot rubber is easy.

The big cost of those rubber kits is in the bailey channels. Again guys use stuff from HQ series Holdens that is felt like and just pushes in. If you have a modifed car its usually a good choice.

Good Luck,

Craig.
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 05:45:26 AM »

Thanks Craig.....if anyone can elaborate a bit more on this , I would really appreciate it.

My only concern with buying lengths of rubber and doing it myself, is that I would do all the doors and boot ect like you say, but when it came to window seals, Bailey Channels, or 1/4 vents, or gaskets for lights, door handles ect, and all those smaller pieces, that they may only be available in a kit and not on their own, therfore I've wasted even more money.

If I thought I could by all the lengths of all the rubbers at Clarke Rubber for example, I'd be laughing...I just don't want to get caught out sourcing half the rubbers I need, and getting stuck with the others.....does that make sense ??

At least with a kit, you get everything you need.

Maybe I can't have my cake and eat it to, but If I can't, then what's the point of baking a cake ?

julius
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 05:45:33 AM »

Hi Mark

Give Vintage wiring harness a call and the last number I have is (02) 66551677, They are real good and prompt so far they have supplied the harness,s for 3 of my cars.

Regards

Julius
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 09:43:58 AM »

A cheaper alternative to the Painless Harness is the one sold by Airride - $395.
http://www.airide.com.au
All the wires are labelled and it uses blade fuses.
The only problem I have seen with mine is that being from the US (I assume) the wiring for the headlights is arse about with the wires for the right side too long and the left too short.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 09:46:21 AM by stinky » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: