FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 16, 2024, 10:44:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: I D this FC please.  (Read 4173 times)
fastjbav6
wa-club

OK start her up !

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2003, 02:07:04 PM »

G'Day all, could someone please I D this FC for me (build date,colour etc).
FC     225-6984-A
Trim   258-635
Paint  256-2158
RPO   253-6258     TOP (blank)

Chassis # 8-4950-P
Engine # B297446

I know it's a Special and assembled in Perth.
It's main colour is pale yellow with black flash and black rear end (boot and beaver panel).
It has the chrome vertical trim below the tail lights but no horizontal trim at the C pillar to seperate the yellow roof and black quarter panel.
The interior trim still looks original,top of seats is black and the main back rest and base of seat is a faded maroon.
The hood linning looks faded and may have been a pale yellow or white/cream.
The lacing is black. The door trim is maroon with black top section,it has front arm rests but no pull handles.
The main dash is pale yellow and inside of doors is black except the forward section below the front 1/4 window which is pale yellow.
This car has been painted in the past and the new owner would like to know it's I D before he sells it.
He took the car as payment for a job he did on a house when his client did not pay up.
When i get more details and inspect the car i will put it on the Forum.

Regards   Seb  Cheesy

Yellow Knight

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2003, 12:39:04 AM »

Seb,

Ok, it is the 6,984th FC Special Sedan manufactured in Adelaide.  With a number that low it is definitely the 'initial style' paint scheme, where the front of the car was the main colour, and the turret, insert and boot all the secondary colour.  The three different styles are described here.  The chassis number looks like it's the original one too, with a correspondingly low number.  It also dates the vehicle as 1958.  Without the original engine number I can't give you a more specific date, but Ken the guru prolly can.  At a guess I'd say July or August 1958, but that's just a licked finger in the air...

Exterior colours are Black over Cape Ivory.  This is the yellow/black combination that was done as a Trax model.  (A piece of trivia for you: this colour scheme was deleted in late '58, so you could never have bought an FC painted like that Trax model, all of which have been done in the Mid '59 style, on account of being modelled off Gertie the Old Grey Mare.)

Interior was originally Mesa Tan and Black (like the famous Poo Mobile).  Not especially maroon-like (at least the versions we see over here), but maybe a different trim supplier was used in Perth.  Who knows?

It sounds like it's identical to ChrisB's car.  I'm sure there are pix of that in the Members' Cars area somewhere.

All FCs have that piece of trim under the tail-light, even though it isn't necessary for paint separation on late 59 vehicles.  I suspect this is because of the holes for the clips - it must have been cheaper to keep whacking the trim on than to rejig the pressings for the panels.

Hope all of that is helpful to you.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
craiga
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2003, 12:53:01 AM »

Here's a picture of Chris Bunt's car which appears to be identical to yours
ChrisB

"Shiny Bits"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2003, 06:40:05 AM »

And what a nice looking car it is too !!  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

I am curious though on how many yellow and black FC cars and wagons are still around

Cheers ChrisB   Cool
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2003, 07:25:50 AM »

I would like to know that aswell. I would also Love to have one in my Garage. So far yours is the only one I have seen and the one SEB is trying to identify is the second I have heard of.

Yes Chris your car is very nice. How long till its back on the road.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2003, 08:18:20 AM »

RET is close enough with the dating, it appears as if the cars roof was repainted yellow instead of black during the respray, perhaps the black was too hot during the summer.
Probably the interior was trimmed with the interior from another car as well.
I have records of at least 11 sedans and 2 wagons still on the road in this colour scheme.  Only one though with yellow roof and black body, this appears to have been an option only available on direct order from GMH
This is trim code 259 in stead of 258
Ken
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2003, 09:34:25 AM »

Hi.
Ken, we had a fella with an original yellow & black FC wagon join the club last night. He had another car at the meeting, but I will get the details from his wagon & post them here for you to see. Nice car, with original motor & still fully road going.
Regards,
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
ChrisB

"Shiny Bits"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2003, 11:23:01 AM »

Ken, there is another yellow and black FC in ACT, but when the son and father rebuilt it they changed it to white and blue with VL Commodore running gear, also know of one in south Brisbane which has been redone but painted as per the TRAX model, it has VL turbo running gear, nice looking car.
RobJ never seen a wagon in this colour any chance of posting a pic

ChrisB   Cool
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2003, 08:36:00 PM »

Hi guys,
If I remember correctly there was a wagon in this colour (from the Vic Club???) at the Sutton nationals in 95(??), complete with matching caravan. Ken can probably confirm this. It looked absolutely awesome with cravan in tow !!

Cheers,

Graham.
fastjbav6
wa-club

OK start her up !

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2003, 09:56:55 AM »

Thanks for the info guys.
I'm still new to computers and don't know my way around the Forum to access info when i really need it.

Regards  Seb.

P S  I have blown up a PC.   Don't ask me how.  Roll Eyes Lips sealed

Yellow Knight

FEHOLDEN

like all good things...it will happen eventually.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2003, 11:56:11 AM »

gidday all

there is a yellow and black wagon getting around the emerald vic. area. i have seen it enough times to suspect it may be a local car but only recently so. looks original too.

denis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: