FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:32:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: CALLING ALL OLD HOLDEN OWNERS  (Read 13492 times)
starlet61

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2004, 10:19:32 PM »

HI GUYS,

I am doing a uni assignmnet - a fashion shoot - where i am in desperate need of the use of a car that looks like it is from around the 1950s. I have had so little luck in finding one that i am now posting on the net. Basically it will only be for an hour or less and i am prepared to give copies of all the photos it is in and also a small fee or case of beer etc for your help... If anyone is in around sydney that may be interested in helping then please email me at:

starlet_61@hotmail.com or leave a reply mesage.

PLEASE HELP GUYS!
craiga
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 10:34:41 PM »

Case of beer sounds good!!

Whereabouts in Sydney would the car be needed? I have a wagon and a sedan and am in Western Sydney - take your pick, or use both.

craig_alderson@yahoo.com.au

Cheers,

Craig.
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 11:45:26 PM »

Can you give more details as to when want car and where will be photo shoot take place asI have a fe sedan and would like to help out  if poss I live in liverpool area.
WAYNE
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 12:10:15 AM »

Looks like you have found the right place I live in Southern Sydney and have a sedan.Where and what day and what time?
Cheers,
Graham
erin
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2004, 12:30:07 AM »

hi guys! do you know how ahppy i was to see 3 replys!!!! THREE!!!!! oh my goodness! thankyou so much i have had no interest up until this forum!

basically i have been told there is a really old petrol station in balmain. i dontk now where right yet i am trying to find it out but im sure someone knows or if i drive around tehre il find it. anyway any old petrol station will do if you know of any others. it needs to like like it could be 1950s even though it may not be so with the older bowsers etc.... there is a semi okay loking old one at kingswood if all else fails which may suit craig better. i am from western syd myself.

so yeah basically it looks like it will be in balmain unless someone can suggest another old servo, it willl be on saturday and at the moment any time of the day is fine for me. mid day may be quitest or early morning... but i don really care.

what do you guys think?
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2004, 12:38:04 AM »

That sounds fine need a date to see if we are free.
Cheers,
Graham
erin
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 12:48:12 AM »

sorry! i thought i wrote that!

the downside is i need to shoot this coming saturday. thats pretty much the reason why i was panicking because i couldtn find a car earlier in the week so its really late now. so if you are busy i totally understand.

i guess teh up side is that i am free all day so i am avaliable to shoot when it is convinient for who ever decides to help, bearing in mind that il need adequate lighting so probably from8am onwards is okay.

do you know in balmain of this servo? or does anyone? if anyone can tell me where a really old servo is then please let me know regardless of where it is!
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2004, 12:52:19 AM »

I dont know the servo.Maybe search for old servo's on the net.I would be available say between 11.00 and 1.00 only if that helps.

Cheers,
Graham Wink
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2004, 12:58:13 AM »

There's also an ancient service station in Kingswood, just off the intersection of Parker Street (Northern Road) and Oxford Street.  If you're wanting to do this in western Sydney, that's about 10 minutes from me and about the same from Craig.  He's got 2 FCs, I've got 2 FEs.  How many cars do you want in this pic? Grin

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
erin
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2004, 01:19:25 AM »

hey RET, is it across the road from the train station? or is there something better that i dont know of? i was thinking only 1 car but i guess more may be even better...

basically this is my story line for the shoot in summary: girl pulls up at servo, notices guy in workshop, she touches up her make up in the review mirror, he notices her as she is filling up the car and comes over and takes over perhaps puts his hand on her hand as he does so, then i have a bit more do add in between and then she goes to the bathroom and writes her phone number on the mirror in red lipstick and then the final image of the spread will be the two perhaps in the car together sharing a milkshake or in a milk bar... thats the story and so i guess if the servo has a couple of old cars it may look a little more realistic? but its not totally nessecary....
erin
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2004, 01:26:23 AM »

i just looked on a map and the servo your suggesting is a different one than i was thinking of. il go check it out on my way home tonight. by ancient, do u mean it has the old shop old bowsers etc....? or just that its new but been there for a while?
craiga
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2004, 01:55:01 AM »

Erin,

The servo RET is referring to was very popular for photos shoots/movies back in the 80's until it started to get vandalised. The bowsers are now removed and there is an 8 foot wire fence around it. Not suitable for what you need. I have sent you an email recommending the Kurrajong/Bilpin/Windsor/Richmond area, even out as far as Sackville. I'm sure you'll find something.

One of the club members - Ted Lowe - lives out that way and he may be able to recommend something. You can get him on 0409 441000 or 45723349, tell him Craig said to call him.

Here is a list of Shell servos, maybe you could call a few and ask if they are suitable http://www-static.shell.com/static/au-en/downloads/locator/nsw_0330.pdf

And here is a BP one that may be OK

Cooks Corner Store 659 Grose Vale Rd GROSE VALE 02 4572 1390

Cheers,

Craig.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 02:00:27 AM by craiga » Logged
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2004, 02:19:48 AM »

Balmin servo...

halfway down Darling Street, about 500 m before the town hall on the right (as ur headed East along Darling).

has nice murals and things and ye olde pumps I believe.

I think its called Bills Servo? from memory.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
erin
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2004, 03:06:22 AM »

thanks ed, that is most definatley the servo i am looking for. thanks for that. do you think it is suitable for what i am looking for. by that i mean does it look old from a galnce? its a long way to away to find out! thats a shame about the one at kingswood it seemed perfect and close for both craig and ret. never mind.... the search continues!
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2004, 03:10:05 AM »

Erin,
Just checking if the times I gave you were anygood?
cheers,
GRaham
erin
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2004, 03:15:21 AM »

hey graham, thats for the times, those times are good for me and i will let you know as soon as i can settle on a location for the shoot. i know the address in balmain now so thats all good i just have to confirm that is where i want to shoot i dont want to tell you it definatley is as soemthing may chance in the meantime. i will sort it all out and get back to you by this evening if thats okay! sorry to keep youwaiting!
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2004, 03:19:32 AM »

Erin,

Haven't looked at it too closely to be honest.. it's quite small and doesnt have much of a forecourt.  

I reckon u run the risk of having incriminating articles in your shoot which would give the game away.

I would also lean toward doing the shoot close to the guys who are participating.

not a heap of 50's period stuff exists around Sydney city unfortunately.

Cant say I look that hard tho.

Good luck in the search.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
parisian62

Feelin free, in a 61 FB.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2004, 03:38:00 AM »

Erin,

An Interwar Service Station study commissioned by the NSW Heritage Office was done by Ian Kirk.  It identified a stack of Service Stations across NSW.  His email is inheritg@bigpond.net.au.  I've spoken to him and he is happy to provide you with some suggestions....

Stewart
erin
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2004, 05:20:42 AM »

your a gem stewart! il email him right now if you speak to him again today please let him know to chek for it!

thanks again guys. i also agree ed that i want to do it near the people who offer to help its just courteouy. anyway will keep you posted.
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2004, 08:55:35 PM »

Kep us all posted and don't forget to post heaps of pics
                       Cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: