FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 15, 2024, 01:49:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NATIONALS ENTRIES  (Read 23434 times)
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2003, 09:25:26 PM »

Very impressive Craig,

You must be the main contender for the "Biggest Effort for the Nats" Award.

Love the Kiwi brand Respirator in that last shot!  Wink

Cheers

Ed

The only thing going grey must be your hair from the big effort..

"Say NO to grey"

in the shed
fcpv
vic-club

FCPV

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2003, 10:35:08 AM »

I wonder if those disillusioned victorians are now going to get a warm fussy feeling about the nationals now that they have their long awaited info they have been calling out for ??
mcl1959
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2003, 06:50:25 AM »

Dear fcpv, firstly if you are going to criticise - have the guts to state your name.
As president of the Vic club, I believe that the way in which the Nats has been promoted has certainly affected the number of entries from our state, as do others on the Vic committee.

Also if you read the responses, you will see that the Vic club were not the only ones complaining.

This will be discussed at the Nationals delegates meeting and hopefully guidelines will be adopted to promote the Nats in there best light.

Ken McLean
President  FE/FC Holden Car club Of Vic Inc.
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2003, 07:22:19 AM »

I agree Ken.
We had a few from the TAS FE HR Holden car Club of TAS that were VERY keen to go, but after repeated requests, from myself & some of the members, no info was forthcoming. All but one decided not to bother. It is a BLOODY long way to go, if you don't really know WHERE to go, or WHAT is gonna happen when you get there!!!
The amount of cash that had to be sent, BEFORE any other info was forthcoming, should have assured a speedy response. I don't have ANY idea of how hard it is to organise such an event, so am not going to mouth off too much.
BUT, as Ken said, Grow some balls FCPV (Well, maybe he didn't say it EXACTLY like that!!) & leave your name when you Gob Off!!

You MUST admit it was a reasonable request for info!!!
Rob Jeanneret
Secretary,
FE HR Holden car club of TAS.

p.s. Welcome to the forum FCPV!!! Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 10, 2003, 07:23:45 AM by 4hammers » Logged

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2003, 10:20:32 PM »

Sorry the last message was cut off - so I will continue.

WHAT MORE INFO COULD YOU POSSIBLY WANT??

Let's see:

1: We knew two years ago that it was being held at the Isle of Palms resort, Gold Coast, QLD.  

2: We know its over Easter - Friday, Saturday, Sunday and possibly Monday.

3: We have the welcoming barbeque on the Friday night.

4: We have a run on the Saturday.

5: We have Show N Shine on Sunday.

6: We have an itinary.

If you are going (which we are) this should be enough information.

Could I get some feedback regarding what other info is required as these points are generally what happens at each NATIONALS.  

Cheers Kathleen Textor, National Delegate Chairperson

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2003, 10:55:08 PM »

Hi Kathleen.
You miss the point!! YES, we have the info NOW, but it took a bloody long time to get it. Remember, the entries CLOSED OVER a month ago, & the ONE person who decided to go, only got ALL of that info about 1 month ago. AFTER he had paid the cash.
Like I said, I can imagine it is VERY hard to organise something like this, but something should have been up earlier.
This would have made it easier to organise a long trip for everyone.
The FE HR Holden club down here went to the SA Nationals, & was given ALL the info we needed early on.
I, as Secretary asked the QLD club for info to be sent to our club address, or emailed to me. I got an email reply, very late in the piece letting me know the info would get here soon. It never came. The first bit of hard evidence was the fella who is going got his stuff.
Again, our club got nothing!
That is the point I am making. I should be easier to get the info. $1000 to get 2 people & a car across Bass Strait is not cheap. So I expect to know what I am gonna get when I arrive.
Regards,
Rob

Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2003, 11:01:26 PM »

Sorry the last message was cut off - so I will continue.

WHAT MORE INFO COULD YOU POSSIBLY WANT??

Let's see:

1: We knew two years ago that it was being held at the Isle of Palms resort, Gold Coast, QLD.  

2: We know its over Easter - Friday, Saturday, Sunday and possibly Monday.

3: We have the welcoming barbeque on the Friday night.

4: We have a run on the Saturday.

5: We have Show N Shine on Sunday.

6: We have an itinary.

If you are going (which we are) this should be enough information.

Could I get some feedback regarding what other info is required as these points are generally what happens at each NATIONALS.  

Cheers Kathleen Textor, National Delegate Chairperson

Kathleen
Great if you in the movement two years ago, have attended a Nationals before, but for the newly arrived FE FC person with no prior experience with the Nationals this previous lack off info does put one off going and the outlay off the dollars.

Just remember all that have been on the scene for a long time and have been there and done that, that not all have the luck of prior knowledge of what happened before.
John Mayberry
New to FE FC Club Scene and Nationals.

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2003, 11:11:42 PM »

Kathy,

That's making the assumption that everyone who wants to go to the Nationals has been before and knows the drill, and/or is able to attend their local club's meetings to ask questions of those who are regular Nats attendees.

The fact that it took well over 6 months for people to have receipts for their entries posted back is just unacceptable.  There has been virtually no correspondence from the Qld club in two years about any of the planning of the event.  Because I ring Ron and ask questions I'm able to keep our members informed, but there has been almost nothing about the Nationals in the Qld newsletter, which means there's nothing for the clubs to pass on in their newsletters.  Where do people turn, then, for info?

For example, when the Isle of Palms changed hands last year and the new owners wanted to renege on the arrangements made by the prior owners with the Qld Club, I would have thought it the responsibility of the Qld Club to get that fixed and to keep us informed.  Individual members have been left to battle it out with the proprietors over minimum stays, room prices, etc etc.  That sort of stuff leaves a bad tase in the mouth for entrants.

Yes, those of us who have attended a few Nationals are going to go regardless, but newish members don't really know what to expect.  All anyone has had to go on is the set of dot points you gave that are the bare minimum of a Nats itinerary, and that's hardly promoting the event, is it?

You said earlier that you just couldn't get SA people to the Nats.  Don't you think if the Qld club were more active in promoting the event that might have made your job easier?

FCPV:  I don't recall you responding to any of the questions about the Nats with helpful and factual information, and snide remarks from the sidelines help no-one.  Opinions are welcome here, but just baiting people isn't.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2003, 01:25:49 AM »

Hi;  I just can't believe that people went to the Sydney Nationals (perhaps for the first time) and did not bring back the information given us about the QLD NATS.  Surely the delegates/members attending the Sydney NATS would have told their other members when returning home all about the NATS and the upcoming NATS.  I know Jodie and Derek from Tasmania went to Sydney (and have moved interstate now) and I know that the President Graham Knowles had been to the Mildura Nationals.  

Surely all other state representatives/members would have gone home from the NATS and shown (with photos/videos etc) and told what a good time was had by all (we have been since Sydney).

New members should only have to ask/enquire their committee/delegates/members who have attended NATIONALS what goes on at these functions.  Let alone continual advertising in their club's newsletters about past NATIONALS and upcoming ones for those members who cannot make regular monthly meetings.

SA members are hard enough to get to our own events (it happens every few years) and Greg & I have been promoting the NATIONALS nearly every meeting and newsletter since Sydney.  Any extra information from QLD would not have made the slightest difference in participation.

As for the Isle of Palms - other than the owner of the penthouse we were staying at reneging - the Isle of Palms put is into another unit and we have had no trouble with them.  

I am sorry though that people ringing/emailing/writing etc to QLD have not received prompt response and this will be discussed at the delegates meeting.

Cheers Kathleen

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2003, 03:21:46 AM »

Kathy.
Why do you not just face the fact that the QLD club didn't do enough??
Jodie & Derek DID go to the SA Nats. But have since moved to the mainland & we do not have any contact with them. They said it was great, but why on earth would they expect to know all the details for an event 2 years from that time.
Graham HAS been to a Nationals, BUT he didn't have a clue WHERE or WHEN the QLD nationals were happening.
Does EVERYONE who attends a Nationals AUTOMATICALLY get programmed with the next Nationals event?
I am STRESSING that we asked & didn't receive. It is NO-ONE elses problem, except the QLD club who should have sent the info.
You CANNOT blame anyone else!!
End of story!!
Rob J

mcl1959
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2003, 09:16:57 AM »

Kathleen, I'll give you just one example (I have lots but lets not make a novel out of it!!!!!!!)
Badges are offered as part of the package at an extra cost - quite a large extra cost I might add - One of the points raised at a meeting was "do the badges look like the picture on the bottom of the single entry form which our club received?"
The reason why they asked was because they didn't like the modern format of the badge and were not keen to buy one if it looked like that, but did not want to miss out if it was different.
Anyway - I phoned the number on the entry form that was marked "for enquiries ring this number" left a message - got no reply.
Left another message - got no reply.    Gave up trying

Do you call this promoting the event Huh??

In answer to your earlier question about what info we need to promote the event is just contact.
Even stuff like "Nats committee report for July meeting - surveyed and routed the Saturday cruise last weekend - Great cruise - entrants will love it"   or
"Signed up the band for the dinner dance - heard them play at a function and they were terriffic"

This is the sort of stuff when read out at a meeting gives people the feeling that there is life up north and they are not spending a few thousand dollars and a week of their time on something they know nothing about.
We told our members everything you rattled off every meeting for 2 years - eventually they want to hear something else!!!!!!

Ken
fcpv
vic-club

FCPV

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2003, 11:39:37 AM »

Who is FCPV  Huh?
OK an oversight on behalf by not leaving my name but I have no problem in telling you that I am Russell Bates from the Vic club and might I say that Kathy seems to be the only one here with some positive views, I have never heard so much negativity from people about an event thats meant to be a fun time when we all come together. Ken I could do some rebuttal about when you were doing the nationals but I have sent both you and Rob a personal email and I hope you both and others follow what is the true tradition of the Nationals and that is to have a good time.

RUSSELL BATES     -   FCPV
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2003, 12:48:15 PM »

Hi Russel.
You still seem to miss the point Huh. All we wanted was to get info regarding the Nats. Like you said, (I quote you) "It is about an event thats meant to be a fun time when we all come together". EXACTLY, but it is a bit bloody hard when you dont know where to go!!!!!!! :-/ :-/
Rob Jeanneret

As for the "Private Email", thanks, your reply is on the way!! Roll Eyes

effeyoot
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2003, 06:17:30 AM »

Dear All,
             My name is Michael Boyle and i am a member of the Queensland  Club, and i must say that i can't believe in all the negativity about how the Nationals has been organised, ok, maybe things could have been done better, but don't forget we are a small club and have never hosted such an event before.  How many times have some of the other clubs hosted the Nationals, and how was there first time?
             I don't see any problem with suggestions or remarks but it really seems like some people are going overboard a little.  I sent out an email of the itinerary on the 5th September 2002 to each of the clubs and received a few replies, so how can people still say they have no information.  And on many emails i have noted that i am open to any questions from anyone concerning the upcoming Nationals, and have had little response.
             My family & I went to the last nationals held in Sydney after being relatively new to the Queensland Club and we thoroughly enjoyed it, a real family type get together, but after reading some of the messages above I am really disapointed.  Some of the excitement of the upcoming nationals has now diminished in my eyes and i feel that i won't be attending any in the future.  I am sorry that we can't all be as perfect as others.

Michael Boyle

FCwagon
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2003, 11:12:27 AM »

G'day Michael,
Leigh Detlefsen here from the Vic club. I'm not attending the Nationals this year due to personal reasons & not because of lack of information. I've attended 3 others and know what a great event it is and would go along just on that. Kathy was a little over the top with her explanation as not every Nationals I've attended has been the same.
I think the point being drawn out for so long is that we (other clubs) need more info from the host club so we can encourage any recent members who haven't had the pleasure of attending a Nationals.
We all realise Qld. is a small club and I admire your members for taking up the challenge (which you will not regret) to be hosts of this great event.
I'm sure you will find that come Friday when you see all those great looking Holdens rolling in, you'll reconsider your feelings about attending any more Nats in the future. Geez you might even find the mexicans are friendly enough to have a beer with.
Good luck. I know it'll be a fantastic Easter you'll remember for ages.
cheers,
Leigh

Red & white is alright
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2003, 02:00:40 AM »

Michael,

I really hope you reconsider that position.  For what it's worth I concur with everything Leigh said.  I have spoken to Ron many times in the last 2 years and every time I have hung up the phone I have thought: "These nationals are in good hands.  These blokes have got all the bases covered".  In no way do I doubt that the event will be a success.

The only point I want to make is that it has been difficult for us in the other states to get people enthused to go to the event when so little information about the Nationals has been available.  NSW has the biggest contingent of any club this time, and I think that is due to a couple of things:
1. We hosted the last one, and it was very successful.  We had quite a few of our members come along who hadn't been before, and get the bug.
2.  It's not as far to travel for us as for those further south.  And we're heading north!! How cool is that?!
3.  We have flogged the bejeezus out of it to all our members for the last two years.
But as committee members we also wear the brunt of it at meetings when people ask if there is any news of the Nationals.  Just to hear little bits and pieces about the organising team help.  As I said before, because I speak to Ron more frequently than he probably has time for, I have some knowledge of where things are at to pass onto our members.  But really, it should be you guys broadcasting the information, rather than us having to chase it.  I guess that's the nub of the problem.

But I'm heading off tomorrow, and I'm jumping out of my skin.  I just can't wait.  I have been looking forward to this event for such a long time.  And I'm going to have a good time, like I always do.

See you very soon, and even if you don't know who Royce Simmons is, like he said "I'll be having a beer with every one of youse!"

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
kma
vic-club

If you want it to REV get a CHEV

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2003, 03:13:52 AM »

Hi all, I saw a nationals promotion in the TWEED SUN on page 4 from wednesday april 9th. Paragraph 2 of the article, quote, "The popular event orginised by the queensland fefc holden car club is expected to drawclub members from across far north queensland." unquote
I thaught that I was up here for the nationals with members from all over australia. After 3 months of preperation, 3 weeks off work I hope there is not two events on over the easter weekend

Reguards kevin.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2003, 04:35:34 AM by kma » Logged
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2003, 04:11:36 AM »

Hi all.

I am not sure what you mean Kev, this year, or last year. It's like the "Tweed Sun" is NOT a HUGE seller in the rest of Australia.
I cannot believe there are still people out there who think it was an unreasonable rerquest of our club to get info.
Calls were made, emails were sent. No reply. I KNOW there is a lot of effort in getting something like this going. GOOD on those people, GREAT job, NO ONE expects them to be "Perfect". I also KNOW it will be a great time.
But, don't you think it would be better if there was more info available? I would liked to have gone & would have. My wife asked why we can justify spending $3000+ to go on a car run to QLD. What could I say? Nothing!!! All I knew was what I had heard from other NATS. NOT the info I required for this one. Fat chance she said, & who could blame her?

I am NOT bagging the NATS, or ANYONE who is involved, but thought more info would have been good.

Can you not see that?Huh? :-/

A saying to clear things up.

"There are NONE so blind, as those who will not see"!!
This could apply to both sides of the story, but I think you all know my point of view.

I sincerely hope everyone enjoys the good times they have in QLD.
Next time, MORE INFO = MORE NEW ENTRIES

ROB J

Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2003, 04:25:44 AM »

I think more info is required in future???..j/k

this has been a really entertaining thread!

o well.. on the brighter side.....

the Nats are now upon us.. this is my first to attend, I would of liked to drive my wagon, but hey things dont always work out.

.. whaddya mean..? you dont get the TWEED SUN?!?!?!  lol

C U there

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
effeyoot
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2003, 07:22:52 AM »

As for the add in the Tweed Sun, I think they were emphasising the extent of popularity in Queensland, we have a member from Cairns, North Qld attending, that is the same distance as Brisbane to Melbourne but in one state.  I have not seen the add myself but it was to promote the Nationals, it is also been declared the NO 1 event on the Gold Coast over the Easter weekend.

I have to agree that we probably could have done many things better, we will just have to notch this up to experience this time.  I have no problem with constructive critisism, like just posted today, it is healthy but i think some has been over board.  As for emails, i have  received hardly any at all, and all of those i have replied, maybe something else has gone wrong there?
I do believe that in the end it should be a great weekend and look forward to seeing everyone there.

Michael  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: