FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 16, 2024, 07:35:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Judging feedback?  (Read 37929 times)
Smooth

I love earlyholdens!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2010, 08:25:16 PM »

Thanks for contributing Scotty, I think you also see the merit.

...... Having said that I think all this debate can only help. I think the guidelines for what is regarded as stock and what is not has a lot of merit, but i thought these were spelt out in the official program given to every entrant.

It's too late in the "entrant program". The guidelines should be known during the build/restoration to all and sundry that care to know.

...... I know from experience that not even a barnfind that was put away 30 odd years ago has all the original parts on it. The only way we can get as close to the original parts list as possible is to get all the Guru's to talk to one another and put there heads together and write a list of things that they know are right and a list of doubtfuls and debate the doubtfuls as to which parts are more authentic than the others. Then put a score on each part.

Yup, my point exactly and why not? Can only improve the system and scene as a whole. Finally adding some consistency across the board.

..... The only problem with this is that the judges will need a week to judge the stock cars let alone the other cars that are there. Unfortunately this is how it all becomes very complex and in the end we come up with a compromise so we can get every car judged in a day.

Yup, also very true. But if the system is set amongst all the early Holden models and are well know with reference. Quality judging wouldn't take so long "once you know what to look for" and not rely on folk law or your own understanding (or misunderstanding as it may be) and theories. Put it in "Black and White" then entrants and judges are basically on an equal playing field.

Regards, Smooth  Cool

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: