FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:34:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: restorers_paradise rubber kits ??  (Read 8949 times)
FE 4 ME
qld-club

Model: FE

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2011, 05:01:52 PM »

Has anyone used the rubber kits supplied by restorers Paradise on ebay  ? If so what are the door lock/handle gaskets like ? bailey channels and door rubbers...well i guess all rubber gaskets and grommets overall ??

your input would be greatly appreciated

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 05:07:05 PM »

Such as the below ebay links :-

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FX-FJ-FE-FC-HOLDEN-Felt-Bailey-Channels-PAIR-/4649982809?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item115291b59

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FB-EK-FE-FC-HOLDEN-Door-Handle-Gasket-Set-/290536599745?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a554b0c1

thankx for your help my Holden Mates !!

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 08:29:36 PM »

anybody purchased their rubber items ?

ekute

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 07:25:49 PM »

Yep, they are rare spares items.
stephen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 07:07:44 PM »

Yes .. have purchased the door handle rubbers and were OK .. bought rare spares moulded door seals and were OK , but used my old sections around the front door hinges, so I did not get the TONGUE sticking out when the door closed, used Scotts rubbers for the boot rubber and leaked like sieve, so suggest another supplier for the boot rubber .used rares bailey channels, but be careful and check that they are all the same and have a slight taper, they mixed mine up and I had some FC and some EH which are different and DO NOT FIT ..when you put the bailey channels in, cut them with a very fine cutting disc on a small 4 inch grinder, you get a neater cut, and then file any burs off with fine file ..  I found that the went in nice and firm without any adhesive on them, the first couple I put some adhesive on them and had a hell of a mess, ...as they were a firm press in fit, I did not use anything on the rest of them, ..you can always put some adhesive on after, but if you put it on first, theirs nothing you can do .... hope this helps .. Regards Stephen
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 07:33:05 PM »

Thankx for your input Stephen,
     i went to Clarke rubber today, he is going to call the supplier and get the right part numbers for the right profiles so he than can give me the right or very close sample profiles of all the rubbers i need, so im hoping these will all suit, but at least from there i can see what is right or wrong by trying them... if not i will try and check out restorers and everyones suggestions on here

thankx again Stephen for your input

Have a gr8 Holden ( FE ) day  Grin

Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 10:26:40 PM »

Yep, they are rare spares items.

I have not brought anything from these guys, but one thing I can tell you, they are NOT rare spares, they stock some rare spares stuff, but they are deffinatly NOT rare spares. The only reason they stock some rare spare stuff is they dont yet make it all themselves.

They are an independent manufacture in direct competition with rare spare. They do not get on well.

I dont have any affiliation with these guys, but they are local company for me and will most likely use them when the need arises.

Cheers
Oggz
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: