FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:29:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: SHES ACE  (Read 14152 times)
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2011, 06:59:16 PM »

Built in 1972 and raced at Adelaide International Raceway the origional "SHE'S ACE" was one of many gasser style drag cars that helped pave the way. These were the days when they BUILT the car using what they could find, no cheque book catalogue cars back then....no anal retentive rules....no sooks, just enthusiastic dudes with a passion and balls the size of lounge chairs. This car not only resembles the origional car but with detailed info from the origional builders it was also built with the same intention....no show pony trophy grabber here...SHE'S ACE was built to race.

http://youtu.be/NjBGdNKcz_o

Regards
Alex

ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 07:54:07 PM »

kool bet it cost just a little more to build this time around Wink
steamman

Model: other Holden

Woodend Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 08:15:12 PM »

Just love drag cars from the sixties and seventies Grin

FE and FC"S rule.
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 08:58:13 PM »

Real cool humpy now I have to look through all my old Drag Racing News to try and find SHES ACES....Thanks for posting Alex ......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 03:04:56 PM »

Built in 1972 and raced at Adelaide International Raceway the origional "SHE'S ACE" was one of many gasser style drag cars that helped pave the way. These were the days when they BUILT the car using what they could find, no cheque book catalogue cars back then....no anal retentive rules....no sooks, just enthusiastic dudes with a passion and balls the size of lounge chairs. This car not only resembles the origional car but with detailed info from the origional builders it was also built with the same intention....no show pony trophy grabber here...SHE'S ACE was built to race.

http://youtu.be/NjBGdNKcz_o

Regards
Alex

I reckon if u don't look that hard on this forum there are plenty of modern day fellas just like this, except it would be pretty hard to fit into an fc with balls the size of lounge chairs  Tongue

I wish there was some pics or video of the chassis construction. "No anal retentive rules" is something I really agree with!

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 06:49:41 PM »

I love the car and the sentiment that goes with it, but jeez the video is pretty ordinary. A procession of blokes back the car out onto the street, it goes away, it comes back. Rinse, repeat.

There's about a second and a half of the engine shown. How about a bit more of that? Or even better, some track-work...

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 07:44:06 PM »

agreed but u had balls to say it.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 07:46:53 PM »

I wish there was some pics or video of the chassis construction. "No anal retentive rules" is something I really agree with!

you will probably find there is no chassis construction, that's unless they've modernised it
Dave88

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 10:23:37 PM »

Cool stuff

I've got an FX body at home that had some local drag racing pedigree as well as a handful of parts that came off the "Parramatta Spares" gasser. I'll get around to making something out of them oneday. Good to get a bit of inspiration  Cool
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 12:24:50 AM »

Hey Dave
Pics would be good.
Sounds interesting.
Regards
Alex

FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 09:15:32 AM »

What a great looking and sounding car..but like RET said  i bit backyardish..swearing... filming up and down the road..well mainly sitting or out of shot...no real pics of the motor or tech stuff...but to have than never seen

i still think it's great to watch and see something rare

Why is the car so jacked up off the wheels ( wheel front wheels more apparent ) ? or is that normal for a gasser ?

"Have a Great Holden ( FE ) Day !!! "  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 06:39:14 PM »

It annoys me when people who build cars like companies, just post youtube vids for advertising. Not saying this is the case here but just in general or many spam questions just leading to a company on forums etc. its different when u have genuine members doing it on their own forum but some try to pose fake questions etc.

Deano

RM-special

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 05:23:01 PM »

FE 4 ME ,the stance that She's Ace has was pretty common to Australian drag cars running both Gas (and in She's Ace case )Modified Production classes back around the late 60's and the 70's. The Nose up stance had its origins in the early sixties (USA) where the thinking was that this assisted in transferring weight over the rear wheels giving better traction.Though technology and different lines of thought have made this set up redundant ,to many it is the classic look of the golden era of drag racing.
Cheers RM
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 06:15:36 PM »

Thankx RM for clearing that up, Shes Ace looks like a 4WD set up, be good to take that off road   Shocked

no thankx, leave it what it's designed for..i was thinking it was for the extensive chassis work to strengthen it

but now i know

cheers

"Have a Great Holden ( FE ) Day !!!"   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
leepoo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 05:30:09 PM »

If video quality is a concern then you are clearly missing the point, it was the first drive and channel 9 was not available Undecided Why would one be silly to show anything more than a drive up and down the road.......any of you guys belong to the Commodore crowd Roll Eyes let them be the super stars of the drongo scene, thats not what we do......anyway....the car Wink No special chassis, as the car may possably get reg (nee mundane video) the front end is not quite as high as the origional but RM nailed it with his post. It was a blast to help build and won't be long before there is a more detailed review......until then how bout we all leave the " I could do it better" attitudes for the Toyota guys, after all we all love early Holdens Grin
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, 05:54:43 PM »

Too ture leepoo,
 as i said before.. im just glad to have seen it, it's rare and thus has it's own respect... and thank you for posting on youtube, be nice to see a video of the motor and other goodies.....

Beautiful lumpy sound... sounds like it's got plenty of grunt

so dont feel down about the comments, i know negatives are very sensitive ( and i guess come off as harsh or arrogant ) when there has been so much hard work into getn this "sweet sensation" on the road...its a blast from the past that im sure we all appreciate, and all here would put our hands up to have this baby in our garage......

as i said in one of my posts here...it's better to have seen than not at all !!!!

so thankx and great work.. please post so more pics and videos

"Have a Great Holden (FE or gasser ) Day !!!"  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Top Marks and work

FE 4 ME

GMB-58FC

Stage one complete...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 12:26:48 PM »

Hope to see some footage of this old girl in action down the 1/4???

ABS Hobart- 6231 5855

FOR ALL YOUR BRAKE & CLUTCH NEEDS. 

PM FOR QUOTE
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 06:55:30 PM »

Hope to see some footage of this old girl in action down the 1/4???
Unless he transports it interstate that won't happen anytime soon, closest track to Adelaide is 4 hours away and it's only 1/8 mile  Cry

FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2011, 02:59:28 PM »

UPDATE..... SHES ACE's  owners have been busy posting some more great videos of this well built and sounding car...

thankx guys for more detailed videos of the great exhaust system complete with electronic butterfly valve.... what a great lumpy sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAU4Jun9fJE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

and here's one more for a photo shoot with a good look at the motor with a yella head and chrome on it.. and a bit more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jGM4_8uOlg&feature=related

enjoy

they have a few more vids on youtube.... check em out

thanks guys for posting them so we all can share in the good and hard work you put into making this sound, go hard ( by the looks of it ) and look fantastic, just like the original

top job  Grin

FE 4 ME

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: