FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:28:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: I'm utterly bemused!  (Read 20933 times)
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2009, 09:27:22 AM »

there will always be those suckers out there who refuse to admit they don't know everything and eventually (and literally) pay the price for it!

OK OK, I give up!  Huh  Suckers are alive and kicking on e-bay at the moment! Even when the seller is consciously not trying to mislead anyone and clearly states upfront that this is a "NEW" item!

Ebay Item #120440043123 $50 already with over a day and a half to go.........

now, look at the same seller's on-line shop and what do we find for a $30 buy it now? Ebay Item #120405693567

So, I've finally come to the conclusion that I'm the one with the problem!  Grin

NosFEratu
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2009, 10:14:58 AM »

Don't worry Kathi you can go and get some Retail Therapy  like at the Jewelry Shop where they mark up everything by 400%  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes another example I use to buy polish from the wholesaler for $2.50 a tin, at the auto parts store it was $12.95 what ever happened to 20% to 30% mark up on cost we used to pay HuhHuh  .......FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2009, 10:50:57 AM »

$50 Shocked Shocked Shocked
           Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2009, 03:41:01 PM »

Don't forget the $9.00 postage as well Shocked.

Dean
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2009, 07:50:50 PM »

Don't worry Kathi you can go and get some Retail Therapy  like at the Jewelry Shop where they mark up everything by 400%  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Not really one of those females into the jewellry retail therapy - however - I might have just asked my favourite "jeweller" to make me a "clayton's" eternity ring to celebrate 25 years from when I first laid eyes on a love who I left but was eventually re-united with!  Wink Cheesy

Back to the lense - I got no issues with the seller - I'm just freakin amazed that people are bidding on one when they could've just bought one from the same guy!  Grin Grin Grin

Oh well - each to their own!  Cheesy

Kathi

NosFEratu
nige and Jody

Where do I start?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2009, 09:50:55 AM »

I agree about the evil bay factor.  I wanted some wiring loom tape and was just about to grab the stuff off evil bay for over $20 a roll when I though I might just drop in to my local auto electrical place and sure enough he had rolls for $6.50.

Then again though sellers on evil bay run a risk that if they start an item low it will sell low, have picked up lots of bargains this way.

Kathi, I am always very interested in anyone telling me where I can get those impossible to get parts from the US, new so thanks for the links.  I think blokes have had some success with trims etc which has now got me searching for that stuff O/S.

Cheers  Nige

FC225 (in progress), FB215 (waiting), EJ229A (go'er)
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2009, 10:36:22 AM »

http://www.carsinc.com/

Just found this site that we've ordered some bits from.  They were very quick with a reply to my initial response and then extremely quick with a quote for shipping when I sent through a list of parts and asked for them to be sent via United States Postal Service (USPS). Tip for anyone who's thinking about buying from OS - don't get conned into using UPS as they charge like wounded bulls - always ask for a quote through USPS.  Only downside is that their site is awkward to navigate - best tip is to find the correct name and year/model of what you are looking for on another site and then look for it at Cars1.

We also just did the comparisons on a wiring loom and ended up getting one from Airide Suspension Systems' e-bay store.  Ordered it late Thursday afternoon and it was delivered to our door first thing Saturday morning.  Can't complain at all about the product, price or service we received!

NosFEratu
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2009, 01:46:52 PM »

i bought one of those chrome handbrake handles of ebay for $39, they seem to have gone up now

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2009, 01:57:09 PM »

you did very well!  Grin Grin Grin

NosFEratu
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2011, 12:16:42 PM »

Thankx Miss Kathi for bringing this topic to life.....i guess the hardest thing for the inexperienced like me is knowing what parts are interchangeable from other cars...so this type of thread is such a handy and wise thing to post for people like me...

can anyone tell me ( Ken the Guru included  Wink ) does a 57 Chev door handle suit our cars Huh

what other parts ( besides the handbrake handle ) are interchangeable with the FE/FC Holden

Great Thread Miss Kathi ( AKA Miss Guru )

BTW Hows your back going these days ?? 

Take care

"Have A Great Holden ( FE ) Day !!!" SmileySmileySmiley

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: