FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 15, 2024, 05:40:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: where is "SATNAV"  (Read 18838 times)
FC P/VAN

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2009, 10:56:38 PM »

does anyone know the where abouts of an FC i loved as i was growing up known as "SATNAV", had an injected TPI 307 chev, jag rear end flip front and XF F&^D interior.

any info would be appreciated.

cheers
waynos

Model: FC

patience grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 04:44:54 PM »

it also had a fuel filler behind the tail light,i loved that.it must be hiding somewhere

The grinder is mightier than the sword.
FC P/VAN

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 08:53:46 PM »

yeah, i reckon it was 1 of the first cars i ever saw with convo pro wheels, now they are everywhere like vl turbo's.

i can kinda remember seeing the car for sale complete with the enclosed trailer in i think cranbourne (sth/e Melbourne).

if we can find it and it is for sale i want first rights to purchase!!!!!!!

LOL
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 09:52:54 AM »

funny how good a car it was and the "satnav" was the big deal about the car (yes in that time rare) but now you can get 'em for a couple of hundred bucks
one day it'll pop up again as a shed find it seems nobody else has seen it around so it musn't be getting used unless god forbid it was pulled apart for the dreded rebuild and it's a pile of parts somewhere Shocked
FC P/VAN

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 11:02:45 AM »

hope it wasnt pulled apart and sitting in a shed somewhere never to be seen again,

can anyone remember the owners name at all??
FC P/VAN

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 11:05:24 AM »

I have just looked through some old pics i have of the car and the build board he has displayed at the front of the car,

owners name was David Dowling
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 02:51:46 PM »

have you tried googleing at all
FC P/VAN

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 03:07:12 PM »

have you tried googleing at all

yes but with no luck on google
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 04:49:03 PM »

funny that a car called satnav seems to be lost Grin
FC P/VAN

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 05:39:20 PM »

funny that a car called satnav seems to be lost Grin

ha ha ha true, never thought about it that way
Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 07:03:26 PM »

I hope this isn't considered hi-jacking your thread, but while you are on the subject of 'whatever happened to...' can anyone tell me where Pat Fahey's FX/FJ Van/Hearse from the 70s ended up?  It was fully airbrushed and had a tilt front.  I haven't ever found any reference to it on the internet, and I gave all my magazines away about 10 years ago.

I'd love to see a couple of pics.

It was a classic in its time.  I'm sure there must be hundreds of these customised vans of all makes and models cluttering up sheds and under houses somewhere.  Either that or there is a huge stockpile of velour and mirrored tiles that have been ripped out of the interiors. Wink

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
FC P/VAN

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 07:49:17 PM »

I hope this isn't considered hi-jacking your thread, but while you are on the subject of 'whatever happened to...' can anyone tell me where Pat Fahey's FX/FJ Van/Hearse from the 70s ended up?  It was fully airbrushed and had a tilt front.  I haven't ever found any reference to it on the internet, and I gave all my magazines away about 10 years ago.

I'd love to see a couple of pics.

It was a classic in its time.  I'm sure there must be hundreds of these customised vans of all makes and models cluttering up sheds and under houses somewhere.  Either that or there is a huge stockpile of velour and mirrored tiles that have been ripped out of the interiors. Wink

we freally need a "where is it now" topic full time on here.

another is a standard looking 2 tone blue fc with number plates "HORNIE".....where is it now???

what other cars (particularly FE/FC and early Holdens) do people want to find from the past?Huh

give a brief description of the car and pics if possible, lets see how many we can re-discover.

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 08:22:11 PM »

' can anyone tell me where Pat Fahey's FX/FJ Van/Hearse from the 70s ended up? 

I spoke to Pat at the 2008 summernats. Pat said that he still had it and it was undergong a rebuild. He hoped to have it at the Nats this year but obviously didn't make it.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 09:12:21 PM »

the hearse will stay with pat till the day he dies, he always says it's being rebuilt
pat travells around quite a bit doing this show and that and not confined to car shows so you may bump into him somewhere go up and have a chat
old59

nos is great

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 12:10:13 AM »

i remeber it being for sale a couple of years ago i think it was in just cars or unique cars one of those
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 08:03:14 AM »

he always says it's being rebuilt

Gotta agree 100% with Ratbox - since about '88 it's always been being "rebuilt".  Wink 

Cripes, thinking about it Pat must be at least close to, if not, 70 by now!  Shocked  Either that or he looked a lot older than he was back in the 80's - or maybe it was just that unruly mane of hair!  Cheesy

NosFEratu
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 09:07:03 AM »

I think Pat must be over 70 I bought so many parts of him in the 70's and he would have been in his 40's then, when he had all the NOS at his little shop from home in Blacket I still have  3 different Decals with Pat Fahey's HOLDEN SPARES 2 have the Van on 1 has a sedan...... And the story was always the same it's getting or is about to get Rebuilt .......FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 03:08:01 PM »

Pat's Hearse was 1 of my favourite cars back then. Here's a pic I took at the 83 Sydney Hot Rod Show

Can't believe google did not turn up a pic of such an inspiring car.
Regards
Alex

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 04:55:55 PM »

I wrecked the HORNIE FC a few years back. The owner was Daniel Horne so the number plate had nothing to do with how he felt but was rather just his nickname. It had a lot of rust in it when I bought it.

Ken
Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 05:17:24 PM »

Thanks for the pic Alex,
I've never been able to find a picture on the internet either.  As you say, surprising.  It shows that there was life before the internet and not everything that has ever been is on there. Undecided

I look forward to you posting one of the front of Pat's van if you can.

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: