FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:43:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: streetneats parts sale  (Read 14577 times)
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2006, 01:13:31 AM »

I have a lot of badges - all of them with varying amounts of blisters. I have hung onto these as technology marches on - they are repairable- but they are still perfecting the process the last I heard.

One option now open is to lightly blast them - remove the blisters -  bog up any imperfections and paint them in Chrome paint- ( the new stuff that  is a close match to chrome)I have seen this done - but I  don't personally really know anyone  that would go to such lengths.

So if you have no badges at all I can sell you some of the better ones for $5-$10 each -But be warned they are not perfect. At least the badges will match up with the factory holes. The repro ones when they used to be available didnt.

Cheers streetneat -Andrew

smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2006, 03:23:54 AM »

hi andrew, just out curiosity do have any side glass for FC/FE prefer with as little scratches as possible.
drop us a pm either way.

thanks heaps
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2006, 10:30:36 PM »

Gday Dean
I actually have a spare full set of new glass I had made for the wife's FC sedan. I want $650 for it.(my  cost)  It includes  four door windup windows and the four 1/4 windows front and back. All the glass has been CNC cut and has polished edges- that  virtually doubles the cost of the glass- so beware of cheaper hand cut and hand harrassed (linished edges) windows!

Second hand glass is a waste of time.  Although I have plenty!I even went to the trouble of getting new stuff made made by Pilkington with the water mark standards stamp on it- (required by law) AND its toughened glass with a slight green tint  so it matches the factory  rear glass which has more green tint than the factory side glass and matches perfectly with  new windscreens.

An example of this glass can be seen  on my website-  www.streetneat.com -as fitted to  Mrs streetneats FC sedan. I went to this expense as we  want  glass that was superior to the factory glass and would not  tear up the new bailey channels.
Its details like this that we put into our cars that enable us  to insure them  for  a lot more than  average. Also its these details that  give you the feeling of driving a brand new old car- glass is very important in my book  and it shouldn't be overlooked ( pardon the pun)

Apologies for the rant reply to your simple request- I'll send you a pm anyway - and seeing as you asked first  you get  first preference- but I thought I would make others here aware of what I had to clear out - I m not building any more FC's so I dont need the spares.

Cheers Andrew- streetneat. (07) 3206 0340

smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2006, 12:51:02 AM »

andrew, cheers for the response and i dont consider it a rant, but very descriptive and helpful. shame your not doing any more FC's as you do quite a job. i am very tempted with the glass. i will  make a decision quite soon, and let you know so someone else can grab them if i dont.

i will probably give you a call before the wekends out.

thanks again
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2006, 03:23:20 AM »

Andrew,
          I didn't realise that you were running the shop down that way. As i'm only on the North side of Bris I've only heard of it. Checked out the wed site though and it looks like I could get in the poo for spendin far too much money there.
I was also just wondering (If you can) can I exchange the HR Crossmember I have with one from you that has the ehej outrigger and moved engine mounts set up for FC with 186? and if so what price am I looking at for that?
thanks mate
nes138

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2006, 03:06:46 AM »

Sorry for the slow response- the notification of replies must have been turned off- or the missus  got to it b4 me!
I can arrange a swap  of one of my front ends for one with the eh outrigger and engine mounts- but as I also have to shell out for this  and rely on my mate to deliver its a bit of a procedure...but can be done.
Leave it with me and I will see what I can do- please ring me to remind me on 3206 0340.

Yeah I'm winding the  shop up- or down   whichever applies... Ive had enough of charity resto work. Plus the fact the developers are moving in makes it an easier decision... It may take a while to be rid of all my parts though. I will continue to help out others where I can with advise and  small jobs and parts location.
Cheers streetneat-Andrew.

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2006, 10:22:45 AM »

thanks mate.
I'm down that way on Monday (early arv) so I'll call tomorrow and check out the price for both exchange and the out rigger(depending on the misses)

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2006, 02:43:52 AM »

I have not a chance to cut the our rigger out  just yet- I spoke to my mate with the front ends this morning - he will have a look and see what he has later this week. ( I wont hold me breath though - I have to keep onto him to get  things from him.)
I will hopefully hear from you tommorow.
Cheers streetneat-Andrew

FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2006, 05:25:12 AM »

ill take just the tongue (ejeh)if there is any more for sale

cheers fatboy

fatboy
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2006, 10:10:33 AM »

I have a few EK front ends- so as they have the same outrigger as an EJ EH I will see what I can cut out for you. I will have to closely look at whats left in the pile of front ends...
Cheers Streetneat- Andrew- hope you saw your  genourous  tip ( over payment) returned!

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2006, 02:04:38 AM »

andrew
I had a chat with phil but i'm still keen to have a crack at it myself. Did you still have an out rigger there, and how much?

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2006, 02:47:28 AM »

I dont have one here (accessible anyhow)- but if you try Bruce a 742 Logan rd at Greenslopes - he can sell you one. His number is 3397 9211
Cheers streetneat-Andrew.

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2006, 01:55:47 PM »

cheers

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print