FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:50:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Panel beaters and Spray painters  (Read 2744 times)
brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2002, 07:05:23 AM »

Hi guys and girls,just curious if anybody knows of a good panelbeater spray painter for my beloved "FRANCINE'(59 fc).She needs to be taken care of and someone who i can trust her with to do a good,honest job.Im after someone in ADELAIDE preferably.Ive got $5000 to $6000 spend on her body work.Can anyone help please.......thanx....Brad.

1959 Black Std sedan
Ute-opia

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2002, 07:35:46 AM »

Mate,

I've found a brilliant guy in Gisborne, Vic (kind of a Melbourne suburb, near Mount Macedon)  He's a POM from the old school, very genuine, and very talented, and he only does restorations, and he only works from his shed, and it only holds one car........ergo, he turns them over in 4-5 weeks.  He's got a portfolio if and when you get there.

He's doing my 59 FC ute at the moment which ended up having more rust, filler, and dings than were noticeable before he started.  He's charging $4000 plus materials, (a little under $5000 all up) and he did a brilliant job of matching "Hialeah Green" and even gave me a panel to take home for the wife's approval before he went ahead and mixed the lot.

The only possible glitch is that I stripped mine all down for him myself which obviously saves Time & Materials.  You'd probably have to trailer it over after doing the same if you wanted to get her done up tip to stern.  If it's just a respray you could probably drive her over.

I'm getting mine back in 2 weeks and could send you some "before and afters" if you like.  He'd never seen an FC before mine and usually did Mustangs and T-Birds.  He said the FCs are "tiny" and preferable to the Yank-Tanks.

I've just cleared it with him to put his details in this note so here they are:
Neil Wilkinson  (H) 03-5428-1576 (M) 0400-713-781

All the best,
Howie  

howie mcquarrie
howie@regcap.com
(m) 040404-44-33
(h) 03-9646-1884
brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2002, 04:23:55 AM »

Thanx Howie, Iwould love some b4 and after shots.
Im a bit concerned that it only takes four or five weeks though.I was thinking more along the lines of 4 to 5 months.But i guess if hes doing all day everyday well who knows.I can be contacted on 0416341457 or
bjrickett@hotmail.com    thanx mate look forward to some pics....

1959 Black Std sedan
Ute-opia

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2002, 04:03:06 AM »

No worries, I'll call soon, and I'll try to put some B&A on this site for anyone else who's contemplating the same.  Honestly, I went back after 1 week and it's down to bare metal and he's done alot of panel beating and welding.  He only uses paint stripper and steel wool unless it's too tight, then it's the small bead blaster.  He takes out all nickie and uses lead fill.  Watch this space!
Wink

howie mcquarrie
howie@regcap.com
(m) 040404-44-33
(h) 03-9646-1884
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: