FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:23:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC ute interior  (Read 5681 times)
Ute-opia

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2002, 01:18:01 AM »

I'm redoing the cab of my 59 ute and, with a Melbourne address in mind, can anyone point me towards:

1. the brown, fuzzy padding that is glued to the firewall.
2. the black cowl that covers it as mine has a hole gouged out for an after market heater and I'd like to replace it
3. confirming that the side, foot panels were just thin, laquered, plywood
4. a good trimmer who would have original looking vinyl (did they do leather at all?)
5. the rubber door seal molding
6. the other piping sort of strip that goes around the door
7. a hood liner
8. what sort of carpet thay had (or were thay all just rubber mats?)
9. front & back windscreen rubbers
10. rubbers for the pedals    

howie mcquarrie
howie@regcap.com
(m) 040404-44-33
(h) 03-9646-1884
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2002, 03:00:58 AM »

I'm not in Melbourne, but in answer to your questions:

1.  Out of a wreck is probably your best bet.  Never seen it for sale.  (Come to think of it I've never been asked this before Wink )
2.  Ditto
3.  The kick-panels are made of quite thick card with an embossed pattern in them.  If you can't find a set in your interior's colour, they come up OK with vinyl paint.
4.  Original vinyl (and it was vinyl, not Elascofab in the utes) is very hard to get.  Hopefully someone in Melb can point you in the right direction.
5.  Rare Spares, Spectrum Rubber etc
6.  Rare Spares (it's called wind-lacing, btw)
7.  Geez, was this car a burnt out shell?  What happened to the interior?  The trimmer (that I can't help you with Roll Eyes ) should be able to assist here.
8.  Rubber mats only - speak to Martin of Obsolete Rubber Mats (they're Melbourne based, 0412 941 799, or ah.03 9317 8725)
9.  Rare Spares recently remade 'standard' and ute/van screen rubbers (they don't have the groove for the stainless trim that "Special" sedans/wagons have).
10. Rare Spares / Spectrum Rubber / off a wreck

Hope all that helps,

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Ute-opia

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2002, 03:31:11 AM »

Thanks heaps, Richard.  
No, not a burnt out shell but the hood liner disintegrated when I was dismantling the thing for panel beating, as did the brown fuzzy stuff.  Rubber seals and wind-lacing (well done!) had already disintegrated.  It had bucket seats but I've found a bench that needs retrimmed, kick panels are wood, brown axeminster (and what a pattern!).......and if I'm gonna fix all of this, I just gotta have new pedal rubbers! (there goes the wife's new kitchen!)

howie mcquarrie
howie@regcap.com
(m) 040404-44-33
(h) 03-9646-1884
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2002, 04:38:55 AM »

Happy to help.

I can't recommend too strongly to you that you get along to the FE-FC Holden Car Club of Vic's next meeting (which is this coming Tuesday).  Details can be found at http://www.vic.fefcholden.org.au

There are a heap of guys in that club who will be only too happy to help you out, and can show you what the original gear looked like, as well as where you might source some of it.

It's been my experience in the NSW Club that many people wait until their car is on the road before fronting up to a club meeting.  Why do things the hard way?  Join up now, and learn from other people's experience.  That's what the clubs are there for.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Ute-opia

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2002, 05:10:31 AM »

.....should have been as plain as the nose on my face!  I had all intentions of meeting you guys when i was living up in Sydney (up until 12 weeks ago) and I've actually arranged to drop over to Ken McLean's at the weekend to pester him for this exact sort of know-how, but I'll check the venue in Melbourne and get myself a leave pass.  It could save me making quite a few resto-errors!

Thanks again!
Grin

howie mcquarrie
howie@regcap.com
(m) 040404-44-33
(h) 03-9646-1884
coolaride
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2002, 05:34:04 AM »

hi there ,
              if you`d like a set of original ute door trims ?
              i can help you there.
              they just need to be re-painted.
              i`m in melbourne , so send me a pm if your
              interested.

regards coolaride. Cheesy
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2002, 07:20:16 AM »

Uteopia,  I have just wrecked a 59000 mile FC sedan and have carefully removed the inner dashliner that you require Cheesy Cheesy
I couldn't bear to throw it out because it was in such good condition.
I have heaps more stuff here - see you on the weekend

Ken
Ute-opia

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2002, 07:43:12 AM »

Hey, Coolaride,
What's a PM?  I couldn't find an e-mail for you so hopefully you'll spot this.

Yes, I'd like them.  My passenger side has a gouge in it, drivers side is ok, but I'll do a "job lot" if you like.  Please give me a call on 0414-713-090 and let me know the $$$ and how to pick them up.  I'm in Port Melbourne.

Thanks heaps,
Howie

howie mcquarrie
howie@regcap.com
(m) 040404-44-33
(h) 03-9646-1884
coolaride
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2002, 08:46:39 AM »

i`ll give you a call 2moz.

pm = private message

2moz = tomorrow

Grin
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2002, 07:18:34 AM »

Ute-opia

Right at the top of the page on the RHS is a section where you can send personal messages to people registered on this chat line.   Have a look!

Ken
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2002, 09:12:03 PM »

You can also click on someone's name next to their post, which takes you to a page that shows their profile.  From here you can click the 'Send this person a private message' link.

Also, under the user's picture there are a series of little icons, including a house (a link to their home-page), an envelope (to send them email) and what I think is supposed to be an 'In Box', which is a direct link to send that person an IM or PM, as they're called. (Instant Message or Private Message).

cheers
RET

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: