FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 16, 2024, 05:46:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Van/Wagon  (Read 4877 times)
Brad

My FC Van in 1986 and I still have It

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2006, 01:11:03 PM »

I have an FC van that many years ago someone cut windows into Huh. I would like to return the van to It,s original condition. (  IE  Windowless panelvan). Cheesy. Does anyone have a wreck with upper rear quarter panels or a good roof  that I could cut down the middle and fab up said panels.   FB or EK  wagon roof would be ok also.  WillIng to pay all freight to Brisbane. Would rather use 1958 steel than the rubbish they sell today.Thanx
                               Brad

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 11:58:37 PM »

gday Brad
i sold my windowless sides a few weeks ago and he did not want roof due to freight costs,so i cut it off and also in half you are welcome to any of it but you would have to pick it up from Hervey Bay 4 hours North of Brisbane,i was keeping it for spare rust repair steele but only cause i was too lazy to transport to tip.
bring a trailer and thin 4inch cutting blades and take any or all of it free.the only part im keeping to sell is top tailgate if you want that, its $40,and a set of correct offset dragways$250,rust free front guard $100,Hr disc brake front end (no discs and callipers)$50lots of good bits also for sale cheap such as Mr Gasket 3butterfly alloy scoop(single holley base) $200
cheers Nick
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 12:06:05 AM by nicko » Logged

Brad

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 01:27:11 PM »

Gday Nick
             I had a look at my van roof with a staight edge and there is to much curve in It to use on the sides Embarrassed. I would have to get It rolled flat then have the six vents punched in . Am not prepaired to go that far just yet.  :-/   I am interested in the HR front end as I have disks,callipers and booster to suit. Will send PM re front end. At the moment I only want to fill in the windows and get the shell In etch primmer. If I do make any mods from original it would only be to the brakes and suspension, nothing ireversable.
       I will keep looking for sides tho, thanks again
                        Brad

cajerridoc
sa-club

Model: FE and FC

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 07:58:30 AM »

Brad,
I have a windowless van roof with the sides still attached. There are a couple of small rust holes in one side, but the vents still have the fly wire and all the roof supports are there. These are usually removed when the windows are put in a van.
I am in SA so it may be too dear to transport. Any way, something to think about.

Robin

The sticker says "I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden". I agree, I'd rather they pushed their Ford than drive MY Holdens!
Brad

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 05:45:01 AM »

Hello Robin .
                 I am Interested In the sides only as my roof is In realy good condition Grin. What I realy want to do is get rid of the four bloody big holes in the sides and return the car back to original  Cool. Would it be posible for you to e mail me direct ,a few pictures of the sides so I could get an idea of their condition. My e mail is in my profile. I have a old mate in Adelaide and if thats not to far from you perhaps I could talk him into arranging pick up and freight to me.
                             Thanks again Brad.

cajerridoc
sa-club

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 05:00:41 AM »

I will get some photos when the rain stops and forward them to you.

Robin

The sticker says "I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden". I agree, I'd rather they pushed their Ford than drive MY Holdens!
Brad

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 07:36:16 AM »

Gday Robin
               Thanks for the pics, really good quality Smiley. I am interested and It has given me something to think about  ie - How the hell do I get them to Brisbane  Grin.  But seriously, can you give me a price and your phone no- also your location in SA in reference to Adelaide, re - the possibility of my mate organising freight for me. I will send pics of my van to you so you can see  what sections of cuts that I want.
                    Thanks again Brad.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 10:34:03 AM by BRAD » Logged

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 01:27:22 AM »

Gday Brad
I have the cuts  you need in perfect order already cut out and sitting  inside the back of my FCvan- problem is you will have to buy the whole van to get them.  I am in Brisbane too! You could sell the van off to recoup your costs - so its worth considering.
Cheers streetneat -Andrew. (07) 3206 0340

Cheers streetneat -Andrew
Brad

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 03:33:19 AM »

This post can now be locked as I have purchased Streetneats red FC van Cheesy.  I will be using the side panels supplied from Andrews van to return mine back to it,s original state  Grin Grin Grin.
                       Thanks to all who helped.
                            Brad

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 08:11:25 PM »

So now Brad will have the quandry of having to find some panels to fill the window sides in on this one as well! heheheh... Cool
Cheers streetneat-Andrew...

Cheers streetneat -Andrew
cajerridoc
sa-club

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 02:23:18 AM »

That's Ok Brad. I have my own windowed van the can use the sides.

Robin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: