FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:39:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC for sale on Ebay  (Read 6332 times)
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2008, 07:10:51 AM »

I see no one has bid on this FC Ebay Item #130225702366  and compared to what we saw recently for $2000, I would have thought this was a steal!

Is there something I am missing with it?

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 01:39:17 PM »

It's a lot of money for a car that isn't running and needs a complete rebuild, start adding the price of a rubber kit, paint job, possible engine rebuild and all the other things that would need to be done and it starts to add up, you can buy one that somebody else has done all the hard work and is on the road and registered for for a few grand more, the way the prices are going though it won't be long before this is cheap Cool
                                            Pedro F4+

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 07:27:46 PM »

Pedro,

I had an in-laws brother stay here for a couple of days recently. We went out to the garage and were looking at cars and talking - as you do. He restors cars, bikes etc as a hobby and has even done one of my old cars I sold to his brother at the time. He stood looking at the Bentley next to the FC ute and his comment was that there is a time, not too far away, where the FC will be more valuable than the Bentley given the way prices for original aussie cars were going. I can see his point when you look at ebay, there are prices there I didn't see a year or 2 ago. I think our friend Robin in SA may be a future millionaire in FE/FC's - it just hasn't appreciated yet.

Paul
          Sclub7
          Par5
          F1
          4wd
          NOS

Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 08:43:39 PM »

It seems to be heading that way, I was really shocked Shocked when i heard grill badges were fetching $450, it wasn't that long ago that cars that needed restoring were around $500.
                         Pedro F4+

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 09:13:57 PM »

Ya never know - we could be the lucky ones for once and have picked the right models that will become the ones all the collectors want and prices skyrocket....

I'll hold out on my 2 and sell em when they will pay millions.... Roll Eyes Grin

Paul
          Sclub7
          Par5
          F1
          4wd
          NOS

FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 10:49:16 PM »

Hi Paul
I misses that one, never even saw the listing its not to often that any thing FE FC gets past me un-noticed on eBay.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 06:40:31 AM »

So Jim, would you have bid on it? What did you think of its value. Seemed to be a fairly good price given some of the shite we saw a few weeks ago.

Paul

FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 09:46:19 PM »

Paul
Agreed it was or looked a lot better than the two cars advertised previously. I am not in the market for another car right now, however if a wagon was to raise its head for the right price I would consider it seriously.

I keep an eye on ePay and various other sites as a point of interest and market research, I also occasionally pick up a bargain or two coz some fool (generous person) has listed the item in the wrong place or other watchers just miss the end of auction.

Cheers Jim

Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 09:57:27 PM »

I'll tell you what Jim - any bargains you spot that you won't buy, point 'em out to me and I'll bite.

Paul

4x4
        WASP
        Stingray
        Skippy

FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 12:32:21 AM »

Hi Paul
It some times pays to search by part rather than by model, if you find what it is that your looking for then have a look at other items listed by the seller.

Did a search tonight and found a treasure trove of NOS goodies just gotta cross reference part numbers to make sure they are FE FC.

Cheers Jim

cajerridoc
sa-club

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 10:10:23 AM »

Ebay Item #170225768443

This is one of my old cars, I sold it to buy the Green Machine about 5-6 years ago. It was restored before I got it and was a good car. I was not keen on the colour and wanted to return it to the original Adobie Beige and green.

It was cheaper to buy the Green Machine and sell this one and the Green Machine had only 17000 miles on it when I got it. The drive to The Nationals is probably the longest drive the Green Machine has ever been on in 50 years.

Robin

PS: The start price of this car is less than I sold it for.

The sticker says "I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden". I agree, I'd rather they pushed their Ford than drive MY Holdens!
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 03:17:15 PM »

So Robin - are you thinking of buying it back?

Seems like there was a bit of back luck healthwise for the new owner. The colour scheme is a bit odd at the moment but she still seems a very straight looking car.

Paul

cajerridoc
sa-club

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 10:05:23 PM »

The thought did cross my mind, but there are more interesting cars out there somewhere.

Have you got you FE sedan yet?

Robin

The sticker says "I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden". I agree, I'd rather they pushed their Ford than drive MY Holdens!
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 02:18:49 AM »

I have "got" the FE - my father is "looking after it for me" until I ship it over. Everyone seems to think I'll never get it......

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: