FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:16:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: New project build date?  (Read 4838 times)
hrpremier

Model: other Holden

Jason

Jason Fewins
View Profile
« on: July 14, 2008, 10:23:16 PM »

Howdy Forum

Just picked up my new project yesterday.  A FC Special Sedan which has been sitting in a dry shed since its rego ran out in May 1980.  Trying to date it and found some numbers in the engine bay on the drivers side.  Looks like S13093 but hard to tell. Does this sound like a good number.  Other details include FC-225-6701-s = FC Special Sedan Build number 6701 from sydney.
197-633 = Ext trim code (197) unknown, int trim code (633) Danube Green & Black
253-2047 = Paint Colour is Olinda Green
L483937 = Engine number from approx July 1958

Thanks in advance

Jase

I Have A Fever ............... And The Only Prescription ............... Is More Cowbell

http://gallery.oldholden.com/hrpremier/
hrpremier

Jason

Jason Fewins
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 10:37:21 PM »

Also is there somewhere else on the car I can llok for any sign of id/chassis number.  On my HR Prem on the steering box it has stamped (24L7) meaning it was stamped 24th day of the 12th month (L being the 12 letter of the alphabet) 7 meaning 1967.  Had a look on the FC but to much grease and grime build up to see toninght in poor lighting.

Cheers

Jase

I Have A Fever ............... And The Only Prescription ............... Is More Cowbell

smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 06:26:59 AM »

have a look in the engine bay on the flat section of the drivers side inner guard, there should be the chasis number stamped there. the stamping isnt that deep so you may have to look hard.

dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
hrpremier

Jason

Jason Fewins
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 07:50:45 AM »

Cheers Dean.

That inner guard in the engine bay is where I got the S13093 number from but A bit more research indicates the S could actually be an 8 meaning 58 build. I cant see an S on the end of the number sequence confirming a Sydney build but thats to say its not there as there are scratches in the engine bay also making it hard to define characters.  Any oyher assistance would be appreciated.

Jase

smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 08:42:02 AM »

sorry about that, just re-read your original post. DOH  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes!!!!
must be too early in the morning.

dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 07:12:29 PM »

Jase, Yours is quite an early car, the engine number is original and dates the car in July 1958. The body number and chassis number align and agree with the date of the engine.

The chassis number is in fact 8-13093 and there should be an "S" after the number somewhere.

Also of note is the fact that the car is one colour Olinda green - this is a VERY rare colour scheme - so rare in fact that it is one of only 3 I have recorded. The other 2 cars are also July built but in the Melbourne factory. This colour may have been for fleet use or may have been an unpopular colour with buyers and hence dropped.

If you have a photo it would be good to see a shot as I have no photos of cars in this colour.

Regards  Ken
collecta
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 07:25:28 PM »

Hey Jase ,
there is a similar way with the FE/FC window armourplate logo there you will find a dot ontop of one of the ARMOURPLATE letters, counting from the first letter A till you reach the dot over the L / A representing 8/9. I also picked up my FC special out of shed stored since may 1980 still has original rego label on it.
cheers
Scott

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
hrpremier

Jason

Jason Fewins
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 07:53:49 PM »

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this car is going to become a v6 conversion and unsure of paint scheme just yet.  I have posted a question about mid May regarding the colour because I was suspisious it was not original as it had a black roof and the id plate only stated one solour and the reply i got was "the black was added later to liven it up a bit, the fact the the black is now wearing through shows that it was just a flash over, maybe by a car yard to make a sale."  Actually as I just went back and found the post to quote it was ken who replied to me.  Anyways unsure of how to post a picture but as it has a black roof at the moment I dont believe it will do Ken any good.  Sorry mate.

Speak soon

Jase

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 08:47:23 PM »

Hey Jase
Congrats on what sounds like a nice score.
The colour scheme you describe sounds interesting and unique in itself.
Always worth a pic.
If you would like me to get the pic(s) up for you, feel free to email them to me at custom@idx.com.au and I will take care of it.
Good luck with the rebuild and update to the car.
Regards
Alex

NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 07:40:01 AM »

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this car is going to become a v6 conversion and unsure of paint scheme just yet. 
Jase

Jase

Don't feel sorry about the decision you've made, or any others you make about your car.  Always remember, it is your car to build the way you want to - you're paying the bills for it, not anyone else! Cheesy

Best of luck with the rebuild and we look forward to seeing the progress of it on the forum.

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: